Sign in to follow this  
FlyinBlu

777 Arrivals Problem

Hey Guys,

I've recently been having this problem where the odd time, the Arrivals will not show any options for runways and approaches. I have no idea why. I recently updated the AIRAC to 1412. My PMDG folder in my FSX directory even shows the airports with all their runways and information in the SIDS/STARS folder.

Has anyone ever experienced this? Or can make a suggestion at what could be wrong?

I've been trying to upload a picture of the FMC showing 1/0 pages and no information for Arrivals, but the forum keeps rejecting my formats

Thanks guys!

I've recently been having this problem where the odd time, the Arrivals will not show any options for runways and approaches. I have no idea why. I recently updated the AIRAC to 1412. My PMDG folder in my FSX directory even shows the airports with all their runways and information in the SIDS/STARS folder.

Can you give us a specific airport for us to test it?

Also, are you using imported flight plans?

Kyle Rodgers

I had a problem last night with CYVR, and  SCEL today.

I am not using imported Flight plans. I get the route generated from Simbrief and then manually enter my info.

My departures function seems to be working fine, but nothing for arrivals.

Thanks!

My departures function seems to be working fine, but nothing for arrivals.

Do you have an arrival field on the RTE page (odd question, but I figured I'd ask)?

Are you sure the field has an associated STAR?

Kyle Rodgers

Yes, I do have an appropriate destination in the RTE page. It's a legit question though :) Haha

My problem isn't even getting an approach, its that there aren't even any runways to choose from when I go to the the Dep/Arr page. Or more properly the arrivals page for my destination.

I'm leaning towards an re installation of the T7 in a couple hours. I'd hope that solves it. It's just really strange!

Me too....cant be the 777.

Try installing your old nav database if you still have it.

If that works then reinstall your 1412 again.

Rob Robson

I just fired up the B77L and checked SCEL and saw arrivals, runways and STARS.  Yeah, don't reinstall the program to fix a problem... almost never works (except for missing textures or something like that).

I opened up SCEL.txt sidstar file and it looked kosher.  This is a puzzle, normally the CDU will display an error message if there is something wrong with the sidstar file such as missing runways or syntax error, or missing file.

I hope you report back when you have it figured out. Also, you can go direct to PMDG for assist through their support portal online.

Dan Downs KCRP

I am having the same problem with LLBG and T7....no info displayed on the arrival page. The funny thing is that LLBG runways and STARS are reported in the ARPT RWY.dat file in the PMDG folder.

I will try and restore the previous cycle and let you know it works..

Regards

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

Restored the previous Cycle and it works OK now...so I guess there is something wrong on the 1412 cycle.

Regards

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR