Sign in to follow this  
tron3212

Undocked Panels go blank/black when moved to 2nd monitor

Wonder if any one knows how to fix this issue.  I recently bought&installed PMDG 777.  I undock the CDU (for example) and it loads fine, but when I drag that undocked window into one of my other monitors in my home cockpit the undocked window goes black/blank.  if I drag the window back to the main fs screen it loads fine there, just does not like to load on any of my other monitors.  I have never experienced this before.  in fact in a default FS aircraft it works fine, only in PMDG777.

I thought I might of messed up something in FSX, so I did a total un-install of everything I own, reinstalled FSX, SP1, SP2, FSUIPC4, and PMDG777.  Still get the same results.

Specs:

Win 7 64bit (up to date)

2  x ATI R7 260X (latest driver package) running 1 monitor on 1 card (main monitor) and running CDUII and 2nd monitor on 2nd card

FSX is in windowed mode

8gb RAM

Full screen mode or windowed?

I use full screen and it works fine here.

Maybe you have not set the same resolution everywhere?

i.e. 1920x1080 in Windows but also in the dropdown box under FSX/settings/display.

Any other tools in use that could be messing with displays?

Like Nvidia Control Panel or Nvidia Inspector or Matroxtripplehead2go?

Rob Robson

no nvidia on the machine. Yes, it is in Windowed mode and the res is same on my main monitor and FSX, the other monitors do have different res, but have no choice int hat matter due to screen size.  Liek I said this only affect PMDG all other stock FSX aircraft are fine.

weird.....I would ask PMDG directly.

Like I said, it should work and does here.

Cant imagine it is only possible with Nvidia based GPUs.

Rob Robson

I worked with support and found somewhat of a work around.  As long as I modify one of the values in fsx.cfg ech time I open FSX then it works perfectly, otherwise it's a crap shoot on wheter the panels work or not in the other monitors.  So I am happy for now...

I worked with support and found somewhat of a work around.  As long as I modify one of the values in fsx.cfg ech time I open FSX then it works perfectly, otherwise it's a crap shoot on wheter the panels work or not in the other monitors.  So I am happy for now...

Purely out of interest.....what kind of value do you have to change?

Anything, or something specific?

And do you have to edit the lcfg before or after you have started FSX?

And did PMDG give an explanation as to why?

Rob Robson

I run two monitors on an nvidia card and had similar problems plus other issues when moving other programs to the second screen. My second screen was to the left of the main one. All my issues pretty much went away when I moved the second screen to the right side of my main screen. I have no idea why it works better that way but it does for me.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Hmm interesting...worth a try for the OP.

I have the main FSX screen (46") above two other smaller screens (24").

Also, I was thinking maybe a GPU driver update to a newer or older driver version might help.

Rob Robson