Sign in to follow this  
Wanthuyr Filho

VERT PATH FULL

Hello everyone,

It's the second time this night I loose the flight, when I just input the Cost Index into the CDU, FSX freezes with the VERT PATH FULL message on the scratchpad. Then it's all lost, the mousepointer hangs on the hand-finger icon and that's it, I have to kill the processes.

Any ideas on solving this issue?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

I think that is a PMDG-code generated CDU error message. First suspect in my mind is the flightplan. Are you loading a flightplan generated from an external source? Try entering your own or a different route. If you did enter your own route, then please provide more information such as route including dep/arr.

Dan Downs KCRP

I just did, with the same results. I even tried changing the order of the data input, and now it hanged as I input the CRZ ALT.

The route is PAEN to PAYA:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AWY      WAYPOINT   MT    ALT  WND/VEL   TAS  DIST  FUEL REM / USED   LEG   ACC
         NAME             TMP     FREQ    GS   REM  POSITION          ETO / ATO
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
         PAEN/01L          99                          14.4 /   0.3            
         KENAI MUN                             377 N6033.8 W15115.5 ...../.....

DCT      ENA       013   *CLB                    4     13.5 /   1.2   02  00:02
         KENAI                  117.60         373 N6036.9 W15111.7 ...../.....

*TOC      096  FL390  282/049  477     94     10.1 /   4.5   12  00:14
                          -63           536    279 N5956.4 W14819.6 ...../.....

J179     MDO       098  FL390  303/060  477     68      9.3 /   5.3   08  00:22
         MIDDLETON ISLAND -63   115.30  537    211 N5925.3 W14621.0 ...../.....

*TOD      066  FL390  303/060  479     66      8.5 /   6.1   07  00:29
                          -62           525    145 N5929.3 W14411.9 ...../.....

Q16      YAK       068   *DES                  139      7.8 /   6.8   22  00:51
         YAKUTAT                113.30           6 N5930.6 W13938.9 ...../.....

YAK3     PAYA/11   254     33                    6      7.8 /   6.9   02  00:53
         YAKUTAT                                   N5930.7 W13939.9 ...../.....

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

I fired up the B77L on Rnw 01L at PAEN and entered your flightplan manually: ENA.J179.MDO.Q16.YAK.YAK3 and ILS11 at PAYA. First thing I noticed is disconnects because STAR YAK3 is to be used from SE and you are coming in from the West, also noted that FL390 wasn't obtainable but that's because I used default start with full tanks, and has nothing to do with your problem. If you get rid of YAK3 arrival and just fly direct from MDO to ILS11 IAF LLMAR the path will work better.  What did you use to generate this flightplan?

I couldn't duplicate your VERT PATH FULL error message.

Dan Downs KCRP

Any ideas on solving this issue?
A bit different that the problem you are having but still the same error message in the CDU. Maybe this thread will give you some background information and a better understanding of your issue. http://forum.avsim.net/topic/443238-vert-path-full-fmc-message/?hl=%2Bvert+%2Bpath+%2Bfull#entry3000242

Same problem happened to me 420 miles before KLAX

KORD PEKUE PIPPN ROTTN J192 PWE J64 HEC RIIVR2

Simulator was completely frozen!

10945546_721622997953464_895710737897048

Do you have any disconnects such as between STAR and IAP? As discussed in the link provided above by Michael this error means the FMS cannot predict the vertical path.

Dan Downs KCRP

This is not a Boeing/Honeywell predefined message, hence from my understanding it might be caused by some variable not being properly cleared or something related, software engineers know what I mean. In my case if I "boot" the plane or load a "clean" Panel State, the problem doesn't occur.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Same problem happened to me 420 miles before KLAX

KORD PEKUE PIPPN ROTTN J192 PWE J64 HEC RIIVR2

Simulator was completely frozen!

10945546_721622997953464_895710737897048

All Lufthansa Cargo 777F have the digital clock option, takes getting used to but much better

I get that message when loading an exported flight plan so I started entering it into the fmc manually. Not received that message since

it might be caused by some variable not being properly cleared or something related, software engineers know what I mean.

The flightplan ,rte file may have an error but the root cause is the PMDG path prediction routine does not achieve a vertical path solution. That simple. 

Dan Downs KCRP

It’s not that simple.  The message basically locks you out of the FMC and you can’t make any changes to fix the issue.  It’s damned frustrating frankly because you cannot clear or delete the message. It would be nice if we could get an answer.  

7 hours ago, GrizzlyAir said:

It’s not that simple.  The message basically locks you out of the FMC and you can’t make any changes to fix the issue.  It’s damned frustrating frankly because you cannot clear or delete the message. It would be nice if we could get an answer.  

Please note that PMDG requires that users include a signature block with the user's name, first and last, in all posts in the PMDG forum.
Failure to include a signature will result in removal of the post without comment.

We strongly encourage users to set up a signature block in their AVSim user account, then you never have to worry to remember in the future!

Also please do not resurrect an almost 3 year old post. If you have this issue, open a new post or open a support ticket

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com