Sign in to follow this  
skysurfer

CTD at Engine Start

I am thinking to bring my PC back to factory state and try this again. This can't be right. Everybody has no issues and I am suffering from it. I am surprised it happened in my old PC and it is happening in my new one. This is a mystery.  Last advice I received saying it could be FSX:Se. I had dual installation and I removed it and cleaned everything after it. I have single FSX:SE now. I don't know.

The 777 has a very large user base and this one I don't recall hearing about before.

As I said, send me a support ticket.

I'll help you via a Remote Desktop.

Best to do that before you starting taking apart your computer.

OK. Got it working now. Will keep an eye on it. So far I have done 4 flights and no CTD. Faulting error turned to a simconnect error not FS2Crew. May be EZCA is using old FSX simconnect.

Thx for help Bryan.  

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Hello skysurfer,

I have the same configuration B777, EZCA, ASN & FS2crew, and the same problem, at start-up FSX crashes.

If I survive the start-up crash I always have a good long haul flight.

What did you change after your latest action?

I have the feeling that in pilot from EZDock view everything goes ok.

Remmert Dekker

VBV058 on IVAO

Hi,

i have the same problem. Often but nut always FSX had a CTD when I say "Start Engine 2". It always happend there. "Start Engine One" Works. I don´t use EZDock.

Best

Chris

i have the same problem. Often but nut always FSX had a CTD when I say "Start Engine 2". It always happend there. "Start Engine One" Works. I don´t use EZDock.

A few other users reported this.

It only seemed to happen at one 3rd party airport in particular (why that one, who knows), but I forget which one.

Hi,

it happend on normal FSX airports and on Addon-Airports by me. Not a specific one.

Chris

Gentleman,

I have the feeling that all our problems are caused by the fact that we use a safed flight plus the cold and dark preset option in the CDU.

Somewhere I found a forum with the same issue and it was telling to make a flight without FS2crew ( sorry ! )  and after safe landing switch off everything and safe this panelstate as for example FS2CrewCold !

Then restart the whole computer setup, select an airport and the B777 , when everything is stabilized then it is ok to select your new created FS2CrewCold panel state.

Now I am flying, so perhaps we are closer to the solution!

Remmert Dekker

VBV058

we use a safed flight

Saved flights are a big no-no.

The trike should always be the default aircraft on the free flight screen.

This is to ensure the 777 initializes properly.

I never use Saved flights of any kind.

I only load the default PMDG Panel State files, but I never have them load automatically.

Byork,

Thx,  my fault , it was clear stated in the manual, so you are allowed to shoot this lazy guy!

:help:

I made now several flights without safed flights and the cold and dark panel state from CDU and all fight were OK, no crashes at engine start !!!

Remmert Dekker

VBV058 / PHREM