Sign in to follow this  
Acetone

Around the world [Outerra #3]

After an album of my Talkeetna scene and a more random one, I've selected some new pictures in my screenshot folder B)

4DWiYlT.jpg

1 -Alaska Scenery - Talkeetna. Rivers are not yet supported so a trick was used here : a gigantic water mesh created by user KW71

NDSNaP6.jpg

2 - Airbus A380-800 above fjords, Sweden

uKk6uVC.jpg

3 - Two Migs, Chapala Lake, Mexico (water mesh by KW71)

GpE48JW.jpg

4 - Ilyushin Il-14P by Levi, above Talkeetna airfield (again, same water mesh for the river).

0fCSAzP.jpg

5 - Schleicher ASK-13, north of LFNA airport (Gap-Tallard), Alps.

pghQMgX.jpg

6 - A fictionnal airfield in the Himalaya

uI7OfB2.jpg

7 - Mig, close to the Swiss Alps (I think)

RbuOWnh.jpg

8 - Ilyushin Il-14P, exact same spot as the first picture. As you can see, some work can be done in tree cleaning/ water elevation

TjC98kP.jpg

9 - Predator drone, somewhere in North America

SqzR7pw.jpg

10 - Schleicher ASK-13 glider, cockpit view, near LFNA (terrain reflecting).

AeBzAlt.jpg

11 - Ilyushin Il-14P, somewhere at sunset

r0yoXI9.jpg

12 - Love that one, gives a real cloudy feeling, even if they are not here yet. Fog among the mountains, North America.

Hope you have enjoyed the trip :)

Join us in the Avsim subforum or in the official forums!

Wow, number 9 was one of the most realistic screen shots I have ever seen from a desktop simulation. That haze between the mountains looks so smooth.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Wow Outerra is really going places. Can't believe that A380!

I picked this up last summer too and downloaded that converted  A380  it looks great for a bush pilot. Hard to say how it will perform in a cityscape at a big airport like LAX though - Then throw all the airbus MFD's and systems etc. into the mix.

Thanks everybody!

Hard to say how it will perform in a cityscape at a big airport like LAX though - Then throw all the airbus MFD's and systems etc. into the mix.

Yep, but you have to take account that most of the buildings used on the Talkeetna scene are not flight-sim friendly (with the only exception of those converted by Levi from the World2Xplane library, wich are really simple). Most of them have a very high polycount and detailed textures.
I've run a quick test to give you a precise object polycount but I'm limited beause the built-in tool for object performance in outerra stop displaying global stats (if there are too many objects listed the info is pulled off the screen, I hope they will fix it at some point).

QmB5kQd.jpg

On this screenshot, only 25-35% of the objects are loaded (Outerra only display them if they are more than 1 pixel wide). I'm 3.3 miles away from the center of Talkeetna and there are already 144956 faces in view for objects only (terrain and trees not included).

However, I agree with you, it's hard to get an idea of how it perform in a real urban environnement. I'm planning to do Anchorage when Levi finishies to import the whole World2Xplane library :smile:

My several thousand dollars of payware scenery are going to all be worthless!!!

Very nice!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.