Sign in to follow this  
737ngx99

DX10 Water problem...

Hi all!

I bought Steve FX DX10 Scenery Fixer and i got a very big water problem. Its hard to explain but i\ll link some screenshots.

Im using Rex4 Texture direct with DX10 settings enabled.

Look here: http://gyazo.com/0b7db56faf026c533ed71ab78ad0d00b

http://gyazo.com/6d6d2ff94e88d8375737fc1e05c3435c

*I havent also got the "Water optionn" in DX10 look: http://gyazo.com/cd3ff0c583d4b5d3572d5929a7b6b57c

Thanks for the help!

/Jacob

It means that you dx10 water shader isn't the original and I cannot be sure may not even compile properly. You need to restore the original and then go into the debug dialog and re tick the water shader.

It means that you dx10 water shader isn't the original and I cannot be sure may not even compile properly. You need to restore the original and then go into the debug dialog and re tick the water shader.

Ahh okay so you mean i should switch do DX9 and then debug?

Well i cant even click on the water shader: http://gyazo.com/348d9a28f9946aeafd2186b7d77439bf

No, Your dx10 water shader is the wrong size, you must have installed another dx10 water shader or tried to edit it in the past for some reason. It should be 9461 bytes in size.. As it isn't dx10sf greys out the option and leaves it alone.

You need to find the original water shader. It looks like the one that you have doesn't compile. There are guides that explain how to switch to dx10 and cover scenarios like this.

No, Your dx10 water shader is the wrong size, you must have installed another dx10 water shader or tried to edit it in the past for some reason. It should be 9461 bytes in size.. As it isn't dx10sf greys out the option and leaves it alone.

You need to find the original water shader. It looks like the one that you have doesn't compile. There are guides that explain how to switch to dx10 and cover scenarios like this.

Ahh okay, i think i downloaded DX10 Shader Fixers from your website a while ago, maybe thats the problem? Thanks

Thanks for helping me but im pretty lost doing this so i cant find any problem in my FSX folder etc etc...I dont even know what to do.

My suggestion is that you read the "read me first document" and then go and read one of the dx10 how to guides from the links on page 1.