Sign in to follow this  
nandrews

Uninstalling mRCv4 to reinstall on another drive

I need to uninstall RCv4 to re-install it on another drive (I didn't mean to install it on this one in the first place!).

But how do I remove it properly?

There is no Uninstall option and it doesn't show in Windows "Uninstall or Change a program" listing.

Can anyone advise me?

Thanks

Nigel

P.S. I realise I will have to ask for a new key when I re-install.

Nigel,

Just move the whole RC structure to your preferred location. No need to uninstall and reinstall. No entries are written to the Registry.

You may need a new key afterwards. Just contact JD and request one quoting your name and email address used to buy it.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

It worked! I have the new key and I'm up and running again!

Thanks for your advice and reassurance.

Nigel

You needed a new key? I'm surprised. I thought the program would be clever enough to recognise the mobo, ram and cpu were the same making a new key unnecessary. Anyway, glad you're sorted.

Be aware that if UAC is changed (i.e. switched off) it will also require a new key.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

RC4 is drive format sensitive. If a drive is reformatted or it is a newly formatted drive a new key is needed.

There are volume numbers generated each time a format occurs. I happen to have a system utility that displays all of the software parameters regarding drives.

Most likely there may be other checks.

FWIW as a backup I do a raw clone of my drives. This is an exact sector by sector copy. In this instance on a drive swap RC does not require a new key. The utility lets me clone to a larger drive and then expand the drive partitions and I'm still OK.

A backup utility that compresses the drive image for a restore may not preserve the volume number (not label) and sector ordering may be different so a new key would probably be required.

Ron,

That feels completely over the top. I appreciate anti-piracy procedures are necessary but it seems overkill.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Actually, Ray, jd is pretty generous with reissuing keys automatically before he sends out a query.

This pc checking system is independent of the Internet unlike some products that contact a vendor's server each time you run a session.

Unfortunately experience has shown that anti-piracy methods are necessary. If you recall he sent out some humorous requests for keys outside the auto limit to the beta team. One user was up to a key refresh of twelve times or so.

Ron, I'm not knocking John's attitude to key requests. Just the extent to which they become necessary. In my own case I simply switched off UAC and that triggered a new key requirement. No hardware changes whatsoever. That seems OTT.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather