Sign in to follow this  
CS-TMT

Eaglesoft Citation X FMS issues

As I am unable to post (or search for info on it) on Eaglesoft's forum due to my account registration not being activated since I registered two weeks ago (yes, I wrote an e-mail to the admin out there), I'm trying to get some help here.

After buying the addon and finally having the "MFD Freeze" and "no idle throttle/no reverse" issues solved, I wanted to do some test flights before the delivery flight of my private Citation X. I made the flight plan around KCEA (Cessna Factory in Wichita) on FS Build to know how much fuel I needed and then made ut on the Citation X FMS. Everything goes right, except when completing the performance initialization and confirming it and after completing the takeoff initialization. I get a "takeoff out of limits" message no matter what weight I have (I've tried with only the pilot and copilot at 170LB per pax, plus 20LB of cargo, with the fuel indicated by FS Build, or less fuel or even with full tanks, as well as a "check DMU" and "check dest fuel" and on takeoff data, the "RWY USE/REQ" shows the selected runway length ans it should, but on the "REQ" part, it always shows 0, no matter what, and no V speeds are computed, neither for take off or afterwards for the landing.

As the runway at KCEA is only about 3800ft long, I tried the same at the nearby KIAB, which has a ~11000ft runway, with no flight plan (only the departure airport and runway and arrival airport and runway, also at KIAB) and the "REQ" runway still says 0 and all those "takeoff out of limits" and the other messages still show up when completing the perf and t/o init and no V speeds are computed either.

Can someone enlighten me on what may be wrong?

"MFD Freeze"

Wish I had an answer for you, but what did you do to get rid of the MFD Freeze?

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

The answer is quite simple in fact. After some extensive searches on Google and finding some links to this forum, where a member of Eaglesoft replied to someone with that same issue, I came to find that the problem was as simple as... The Navigraph data used.

Developing the subject a little more, those who, like me, have multiple addons, namely Wilco Airbus, may find the Navdata of the Wilco to be "the same" that Eaglesoft uses on the Citation X. That is, the "building" of the database appears to be the same used between them, although the location on the hard drive is not the same. So, as I have a fictional private airport made by myself with the correspondent database for some addons namely Wilco Airbus, I just copied the Navdata of this addon to the location of the one used by Eaglesoft. The problem is that although the database appears to be the same in the two addons, and the Citation X FMS can load the one from Wilco, in its depts they are not the same. Voila! I installed a database specifically build for the Eaglesoft addon and the MFD freeze didn't happen anymore. I now have to discover the differencies between them so I can use the Citation X in my private fictional aerodrome, when I have some time to dive inside de depts of that MS Access file.

I hope that helps you. So if you are using the Wilco or other addon database with Eaglesoft, try to install the one made for Eaglesoft itself and see if that still happens.

So if you are using the Wilco or other addon database with Eaglesoft, try to install the one made for Eaglesoft itself and see if that still happens.

Hmmm...I got my database for the Citation X from Navigraph itself specifically for the Citation X. Installed it with their FMS Data Manager.  

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

OP needs to contact us again w/username as we don't offer any support here at Avsim. Greg, why not read the success stories in our forum regarding MFD freeze?

You are indeed incorrect in stating Wilco CX Navigraph DB is the same as Eaglesoft CX Navigraph DB. :wacko:

Get the correct DB before we can assist in our own forum. :wacko:

Why anyone would try a DB that we are specifically saying doesn't work with our product still amazes us to this day. :Black Eye:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Ron,

I have recently re-installed the CX and gave it another try today, I am using the database supplied with the CX, the flightplan (built in the FMC) was simply EGGW STU CRK EIKY all data was entered in accordance with the documentation.

The MFD locked up at 70nm from the destination as it always does for me.

Switching to the 2D panel shows that the MFD gauge has dissapeared,

I am going to re-install the FS9 version which i also own into a new FS9 install and see what happens there.

Back in the day I must have had it working well in FS9 to go ahead with buying the FSX version, its that long ago now since I used FS9 that I cannot really remember.

No addon has had me jumping through hoops to get working like the CX, but there is something very special about it that keeps me trying.....

Greg, why not read the success stories in our forum regarding MFD freeze?

Ron, I read through the posts but all I saw was people working on it and, it seemed, they got it working but weren't sure why.  Like with any addon, we're just trying to talk it through and figure it out.  Not really a support thread...just a conversation.

Gregg Seipp

OP needs to contact us again w/username as we don't offer any support here at Avsim.

I did that again a couple of days ago but had no success. I'll try it again!  ^_^

Maddog the included ESCX Navigraph DB is out of date as the readme and docs state. please update for best results

Greg, the thread is here .http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=602&start=20

Here's a quote:

"I have done a new installation from scratch on a separate HD (dual boot):
1. Os + Software
- W7 + graphic drivers
- FSX
- FSUIPC (not registered)
- CX2.0

2. Test
- KLAS -> KLAX: freeze during descent

3. Update of NAVDATA (1312) + test

3. Installation FSUIPC (registered)
I had a doubt because I install it as a normal use. then I redo the FSUIPC(registered) installation as Administrator.

4. Tests successfull
- KLAS -> KLAX: I could reach KLAX airport. I was very surprise and I was not prepard to land:)
- I increase the FSX parameters and no Freeze
- I redo other flights that freeze previouslly and I could land without any freeze.

Then I came back on my "normal" FSX installation where I have a lot of add-on:

1. I install FSUIPC registered (twice, because of the same installation mistake than previously)
2. Test successful. Since, I have done many flights in USA and in EUROPE without any freeze.

During my investigation, I suspect successively:
- Interferences with other add-on
- Navdata
- Performances of my pc
- Hardware configuration
- Graphic drivers
By doing a fresh installation, i eliminate the major causes.
Reinstallation (twice) of FSUIPC was for me the solution.
Note: All the installations must be done as administrator (From FSX to FSUIPC)

I hope it will help others
Good flight,

Vincent"

"I have just completed LYTV-LIRF with my full complement of addons, MyTrafficX 5.3, TrackIR, VAC voice control and all my Goflight gear, and on my laptop FSCommander, ASN, Radar contact.
The CX behaved perfectly and that was my third flight today without rebooting in between.
I am going to image this system tonight before I manage to break something as these are the first good flights in a long long time.

Beechjet "  

There you have it folks, two experienced users who have integrity and knowledge confirming the issue with MFD freeze is NOT the CX2.0 but rather any/many other issues can be and are the cause of MFD freeze issues.

We want to publically thank both Beechjet and Vincent for their efforts on everyones behalf. icon_cool.gif

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Just for the record, I have just sent another e-mail to the support address of Eaglesoft regarding my account not being activated yet after exactly two weeks from my registration :)

Ron,

I am certain that it is an issue with my system as I remember having trouble free flights in the past, why else would I have bought the CX for both FS9 and then later the FSX version.

Back then I was running on an Intel E8600 machine, now with an i52500K @ 4.6 ghz

I may put that E8600 machine back together when I have the time and energy to see if it is actually this system causing the issues.

Just for the record, I have just sent another e-mail to the support address of Eaglesoft regarding my account not being activated yet after exactly two weeks from my registration :)

Check mail as we activated you earlier this evening.

Ron,

I am certain that it is an issue with my system as I remember having trouble free flights in the past, why else would I have bought the CX for both FS9 and then later the FSX version.

Back then I was running on an Intel E8600 machine, now with an i52500K @ 4.6 ghz

I may put that E8600 machine back together when I have the time and energy to see if it is actually this system causing the issues.

Dog, we're not saying hardware combinations but rather OS/Sim software combinations askew in some manner appears to be the culprit. B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Ron,

One thing is certain, The CX has never been surpassed to this day, thats why I keep trying to find a way round the problem on my machine.

I am looking forward to whatever Buisness jet Eaglesoft release next.

Check mail as we activated you earlier this evening.

Things are OK in that subject now, thanks! After sending the last message here regarding it, I checked my e-mail a little after that and it was solved. Thanks Ron!

Ron,

One thing is certain, The CX has never been surpassed to this day, thats why I keep trying to find a way round the problem on my machine.

I am looking forward to whatever Buisness jet Eaglesoft release next.

Dog, that will be the XLS+... B)

Things are OK in that subject now, thanks! After sending the last message here regarding it, I checked my e-mail a little after that and it was solved. Thanks Ron!

You're welcome. B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png