Sign in to follow this  
TheNerd

FTX Global Black Boxes

Hi!

I just bought FTX Global yesterday from the Flight Sim Store. It looks great, but there are black boxes everywhere! I use DX10 btw. I did some research and found that this has apparently been fixed, but I'm still getting the black boxes. I would assume that because I just bought it that this would be the latest version...

Any ideas? All help is appreciated  :BigGrin:  :Praying:

Go to their web site and check the Support page where all the updates for their various products are located. Look at the updates for Global and the dates to see what the latest one is.

Usually the download file name indicates the what update version is included. A file name ending in 100.zip is usually the first release. 110.zip would indicate an updated release. 120.zip an even later release.

Check the name of your download file against the available updates.

Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Mike, thanks for that info. I was not aware of it!

Very nice!

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

I'm sorry but I can't help... I don't have FSX installed at the moment, focussing on P3D where you don't have this problem with FTX Global (because P3D is DirectX11 I think).

I hope for you that someone comes with the magic formula!

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

I had blocks around Cairo and I remembered I had third party Cairo Scenery.  I uninstalled it and the blocks disappeared.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Nothing's working. I guess I'm gonna buy the DX10 fixer. Thanks for all the help anyway guys!

Maybe your last hope is a PM to SteveFX here in the forum...

Either way, succes!

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne