Sign in to follow this  

Hi,

my first post here...been following this forum for a while as I managed to get a second monitor and cannot get a third for the time being - budget wise!!

my question - is there any means you can use a dual monitor setup to stretch the VC between two monitors rather than 3 monitors using NVidia surround or other software....I have seen many posts and photos of three monitor setup but can this be done on just two monitors.

anyone having such a dual monitor setup already - how does it change fsx and can you post some pictures of your rig.

my system is win7, fsx with acceleration package, i5 4670 o/clocked to 4Ghz, 2GB GTX760 GDDR5 w/cooling, 8Gb RAM.

look forward to any assistance.

regards,

emann

If you run FSX in 'Windowed Mode', you should be able to extend the window over the two monitors by dragging the corner of the window ala Windows. 

i should try this later on when on the pc....however this doesn't get the image all distorted? does this retain the same defined image as the pictures i see of three monitor setups?

You can create 3 extra 'FSX Windows' with the '[' key or is it ']'  :rolleyes:

Then first monitor can be set to left side of the cockpit, right monitor right side of the cockpit and main monitor for the VC.

i should try this later on when on the pc....however this doesn't get the image all distorted? does this retain the same defined image as the pictures i see of three monitor setups?

This will not work.

You will just get your single screen view split between the two monitors with black areas filling in the sides.

To get a single VC view across two monitors you need third party software

or one of the new Nvidia 9xx series video cards or a AMD video card.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.