Sign in to follow this  
captain_adf

First uk2000 airport: Prestwick?

Update:  I bought Prestwick and am absolutely in love.  If you don't normally have a reason to fly there, FIND ONE!  This is truly a wonderful work of art, and it looks amazing with Vector and OpenLC EU.  I did touch and goes all morning yesterday in thunderstorms around Glasgow, and never thought FSX could be this beautiful!!  I could taxi around the airport all day long and not get bored... of course the passengers probably wouldn't appreciate it ;)

Now my only dilemma is which uk2000 airports to buy next!  With the current sale, I'm looking at getting 4 more to get the 40% discount... I'm going to take the suggestions here and go for Manchester, Luton, Gatwick, and Edinburgh.

Andrew Farmer

My flight sim blog: Fly, Farmer, Fly!

I fly cargo and EGPK gets cargo flights from Atlas, Cargolux and Air France Cargo. Also Ryanair pax flights. Great looking airport I have been waiting a long time for this. Cannot go wrong with uk2000. EGCC and EGKK are my vote, captain_adf

Great choices, Andrew. You will not be disappointed with those four airports :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

To assist with your next dilemma Edinburgh is nice, Manchester is my local airport but as i said earlier, it's an older UK2000 airport and it's missing the new tower.  I have a mod to add it, but it appears to have steam coming from it the top, like a cooling tower.

Ian R Tyldesley

The new tower at EGCC Manchester would be nice, but I would much prefer to see Xtreme versions of other UK airports before remakes of existing ones. EGPD Aberdeen, EGTE Exeter, EGMC Southend, EGHH Bournemouth, EGNV Durham Tees Valley, EGNJ Humberside, and EGSH Norwich are all desperate for an upgrade :smile: I would also dearly love to see a super detailed version of EINN Shannon, but where that one will come from is anyone's guess :huh:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The new tower at EGCC Manchester would be nice, but I would much prefer to see Xtreme versions of other UK airports before remakes of existing ones. EGPD Aberdeen, EGTE Exeter, EGMC Southend, EGHH Bournemouth, EGNV Durham Tees Valley, EGNJ Humberside, and EGSH Norwich are all desperate for an upgrade :smile: I would also dearly love to see a super detailed version of EINN Shannon, but where that one will come from is anyone's guess :huh:

I hope not Aerosoft, their EIDW is a fps hog and oom simulation. Performance is like I am flying in New York.

I like the Aerosoft version of EIDW Dublin, although I confess that I have not actually arrived at the airport from elsewhere to date. What Ireland scenery do you use with it?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Looking into the future you should buy Prestwick, Jersey and Heathrow only, because only those airports are for FSX and P3Dv2. Rest of them are for FSX and FS9 only. Do not buy Stansted because it will be updated next year. And don't forget about Christmas promo on UK2000 - now 2 airports are 25% cheaper, 3 - 30%, 4 and more - 40% :)