Sign in to follow this  
Domini99

First time in a long time i seriously screw up... What am i going to tell the insurance?

Landing gear?  We don't need no stinking landing gear! :lol: :lol:

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Ground speed is 0 but speed tape shows 45kts. Strong headwind? You haven't set the approach speed and flap setting in the CDU App page.

You're landing at a European airport but have inches set on the altimeter instead of hPa.

You have a mismatch between pilot's altimeter and first officer's (I think).

You've switched TCAS off.

No landing lights.

Hard to make out the orange wording above the ND but I suspect it's a warning.

You've landed well to the right of the centreline.

I've overseen your post the first time, 

This is what happens when i decide to fly at 11 pm to relieve stress.

I'm not always following strict rules and all the checklists.

Sometimes i fly for fun only and don't have a lot of time to fly.

I'm sorry, but only when i can really take the time I do everything the way it's supposed to go.

I don't think you'll approve of my Split-S with the 737 either  :P

Domini,

You did rather ask for observations with that image. I don't know anything about your background or how seriously you take your flights so I simply posted what I saw as things that should not be happening. Consider it as informative rather than a criticism. :wink:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

This it what happens when you've been flying Sea Planes too much!  :wink:

Domini,

You did rather ask for observations with that image. I don't know anything about your background or how seriously you take your flights so I simply posted what I saw as things that should not be happening. Consider it as informative rather than a criticism. :wink:

Usually i take my flights very serious, but when i only got half an hour to play FSX, i'll take a very short flight and do it the wrong way.

I haven't taken a lot of time to configure stuff correctly that flight, hence i made the gear-up landing.

Indeed, i can't say too much because you literally did what i asked.. "spot the problem"  :P

Domini,

How about you post the same screenshot after a 'serious' flight? My primarily concern was the pressure setting on the altimeter. I trust you use hPa. :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Domini,

How about you post the same screenshot after a 'serious' flight? My primarily concern was the pressure setting on the altimeter. I trust you use hPa. :smile:

When i got time i'll post another screenshot aftert a 'serious' flight.

I just want to add:

Some errors appeared AFTER "touchdown".

I had flap speeds set correctly, but they vanished after landing. Just like some other settings.

Note the 147 knots top left PFD.

It was my landing speed for the autothrottle. 

What am i going to tell the insurance?

Nothing, because you didn't survive the landing.

Automatic FMC reset? The real plane does this as well.

Do you happen to have source for that? I never found one and this forgetting 'feature' is a terrible idea when going around as even your very basic weights get thrown out.

Do you happen to have source for that? I never found one and this forgetting 'feature' is a terrible idea when going around as even your very basic weights get thrown out.

As far as i know the fmc only erases itself when you come to a full stop.

I've gone around a couple of times doing touch and go's, nothing got wiped.

Unly when I parked at the gate the data vanished.

No worries. My question on the sources was aiming at having something documented to look at.

So if there is something in the Boeing docs explaining the exact conditions as to when the FMC considers the flight to have ended and going in the lets call it reset condition, it should be easy to find. As said, I wasn't able to  :blush:  and also experienced a lets say confusing behaviour (in regard to this feature) in the sim. Hence my interest.

Besides, what did you actually tell the insurance, Domini? :o We could blame the runway for pushing the gear back up.

Domini,

....but you missed that the landing gear was still up!!