Sign in to follow this  
victor1293

I7 4790K @ 4.40 Ghz Blurries and slow loading time for AUTOGEN

Good day,

Well I will try to explain what is happening in my FSX... I had a old computer and I buy a new one, an i7 4790K running at 4,40 Ghz, I have a GTX 650 2gb as graphic card, 8Gb Ram @ 1600 9-9-9-28, HDD for Windows 7 and SDD for FSX. Despite everything is new and with High speed processor, I have installed FSX and AUTOGEN is loading and popping up very slow, and also the scenary texture far of 2 miles is blurry, I cannot see clear the scenary close to me. 

I have try to run it without any tweak, afterwards I have tried with Bojote´s website, and no success, I have download latest drivers and I really don´t know what to do. If someone knows how to fix the problem or what is the solution, I will really appreciate!

Thanks in advance

Victor

Try this:

http://forum.avsim.net/files/file/41-basic-fsx-p3d-configuration-guide/

and this:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/drivers-nv-inspector-fsxcfg-complete-guide_topic36586.html

Also, what are you expecting to see?

What FSX settings are you running with?

Do you have a screenshot of your problem situation?

Bert

First of all, thank you for your fast response!!!

My FSX settings are AA off, filter trilinear, Autogen Dense and the rest max except traffic, water which is in x2low. Looks like after followinf NickN tips the blurries slightly dissapear, but still remain.

I tried to upload a picture but I don´t know how to do it.

Thanks!

Victor, just a quick question. I'm about to order the i7 4790K, and I have the GTX 650 and 8GB of ram.

How is it? Does FSX load fast regularly? And how are your frames (with heavy scenery/addons)?

And try to delete the FSX CFG.

Your bottle neck is that  GTX 650 - get a better card with that processor  - why would you use a low end video card with a high end processor makes no sense

Rich Sennett

I have a i7-4790 @ 4.4 Ghz with a NVidea 760 card and OrbX scenery regions for the US, Oz, and EU, Global Vector, Global Europe Landclass and Pilots Global 2010 Mesh  and I see 29+ FPS almost everywhere with a 30 FPS lock in FSX.

Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Try Prepar3D v2.4. You can get a refund if you don't like it.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I think your system is OK - CPU is running fast enough and videocard is not that bad. The SSD is great for loading up flights fast but makes no difference in game as the CPU is always the bottleneck for FSX texture loading however fast it may be.

Turn of hyperthreading and use an affinitymask of 14.  Also lock framerates at 30 (not 29 and not 31 - exactly 30).

Look in the fsx.cfg for LOD radius and set to 6.5 then look for fiber rate time fraction and try 0.8 (you can always revert back if this doesn't help.

Usepools=0 should help on your system too - it works fine on mine and I have a much weaker system than you - this takes some of the load off of the CPU and moves it to the video card your card is fine for this).

I would also say that at fast speeds, FSX does have a habit of blurring even on the best of systems.  No issues at 100 kts but fly a fast military jet and the system never seems t0 keep up,

Just one further point, have you checked that your CPU is actually running at 4.4 when running FSX?

IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "MOBO, RAM, CPU's & Other Hardware". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

I have a i7-4790 @ 4.4 Ghz with a NVidea 760 card and OrbX scenery regions for the US, Oz, and EU, Global Vector, Global Europe Landclass and Pilots Global 2010 Mesh  and I see 29+ FPS almost everywhere with a 30 FPS lock in FSX.

Paul

Paul, frame rates mean nothing in FSX, because they rely on so many factors.

Paul, frame rates mean nothing in FSX, because they rely on so many factors.

Well, when they get down to 5 or 6 they sure do! Slide show time!

I lock my framerate to 30 and that gives me a smooth flying experience. The fact that my

FPS rarely drops below 28-29 indicates to me that the system is keeping up with the

demands of the environment.

Granted, that the path to obtain that 'stable' setup involves many different attributes, the

end result is what I look for. It is a 'gauge' that reflects MY system performance as dictated

by my hardware and the various FSX 'tweaks' and also indicates what is achievable with

an i7-4790/GTX 760 in an OrbX scenery environmaent.

Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Recommend you look at two things in combination the advice already given.

1. Pare the autogen back a bit, maybe start back at Normal. Autogen is very demanding....

2. Try the buffer pools tweak already talked about by cianpars

And slow loading....you need to look at getting an SSD.

Jason Jackett

Rich hit the nail on the head, the GTX 650 isn't much for a video card. NI tweaks are to help image quality but that GPU that is having a hard enough time as it is.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Rich hit the nail on the head, the GTX 650 isn't much for a video card. NI tweaks are to help image quality but that GPU that is having a hard enough time as it is.

Thanks Dave not being mean to poster - just stating the obvious from what I have learned after buying a ton of video cards - that being said I didnt notice huge wow moments with each upgrade - we are in the wrong business - should be producing video cards - then buy a few islands with all the money we made  :)

Rich Sennett