Sign in to follow this  
victor1293

I7 4790K @ 4.40 Ghz Blurries and slow loading time for AUTOGEN

650TI got spare ones laying in the house be better tha 650 gtx. Even a 760 will help with fsx, but regradless of gpu. Have to turn settings back here. $330 dollars on Amazon 970gtx is good card if you want candy.

Really, you need to be looking at a 760 as a minimum with such a fast cpu

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

Hi Victor! I've looked in to blurry ground textures a lot you'll find if you look through my topic history.

1st question: Are you new to FSX?

The reason I'm asking is because even at full texture and autogen loading the autogen still pops upp fairly close to the aircraft in FSX and at all settings you can set manually inside FSX, textures are always looking blurry not far from the aircraft when you look closely. You can increase the LOD setting inside the .cfg fot better textures, but the autogen needs P3D to be shown further out.

2nd question: Do you have a FPS lock set inside FSX? A lot of people are saying that its a weak gfx card by todays standards (true) but still a faster than a 8800GTS512 that can achieve full autogen and texture loading at the correct FSX settings. The key is to always have the CPU to limit you, when it doesen't you'll have to set a FPS lock inside FSX to avoid loosing texture looading and finally autogen loading.

3rd question: What affinity mask do you have set? If you set the completely wrong AM you can get blurries.

4th queestion: Whhat FiberFrameFractionTimee do you have set? Yet another settting that has the potential to wreck texture and autogen loading if set incorrectly.

Your rig is able to give very good texture loading and is capable of full autogen loading in FSX. It might be that the FSX engine is simple not capable of your expectations, but also that some crucial settings are wrong.

//Lars

I have a i7-4790 @ 4.4 Ghz with a NVidea 760 card and OrbX scenery regions for the US, Oz, and EU, Global Vector, Global Europe Landclass and Pilots Global 2010 Mesh  and I see 29+ FPS almost everywhere with a 30 FPS lock in FSX.

Good choice. 780 would be even better, now they can be found cheap 

I have 4790k, gtx 780. Both at stock speed.

Flying ops mainly in Australia with NGX, ASN and Orbx Australia installed, and Orbx ymml ybbn yscb ymav. Orbx Ai traffic installed. I have highest runway settings In the orbx aero control panel. High settings in FSX for scenery, except autogen is set to dense, and water to 1x. all Ai traffic turned off except airliner and ga traffic, which is set to 25%.

Nvidia settings set to pmdg 8xS recommendations in pmdg forum using nvidia inspector. Fps locked to 30.

Only time I drop away from 30 fps is on approach to yscb. Drops to 20 fps. Very weird. But it's ok after I land.

Max cpu temp is 85 Celsius (for a split second), but average temp whilst playing FSX between 40-60 Celsius (usually 52C). I'm using stock cpu cooler for now, until I can afford a new cpu cooler (I bought a water cooler, but it doesn't fit). Max gpu temp 43C. Max gpu load 38%.

I could probably squeeze more out but im happy. I wish I could have GSE/ramp clutter/people flow but smoothness takes a hit, so they're switched off.

FSX has seen its time in the sun. Time for a replacement.

Brian Nellis