Sign in to follow this  
vonduck

How to make additional joystick buttons

I didn't want to suffer the same fate.  ^_^

Are you saying that you don't have any problem inserting a YouTube link?… Surely I'm not being singled out here…

Regards,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Surely I'm not being singled out here…

Would I contribute to enhancing your paranoia by answering?  Better not then.   :He He:

I thought I would just add to the discussion here and show you what I run across today ...another inventive and fun to Watch developer of his own 737 cockpit.

http://buildaboeing.com/

He can also be found on YouTube but since I can't put that link here I'll just mention the above site and you can find it for yourself.

Enjoy,

Chas

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Chas-

Color? Yours first sim had color? I had two choices - green or gold? Color - really?

had two choices - green or gold?

My 128k Macintosh (1985) had black and paper white! It wasn't 'til around March that the affectionate handle 'Mac' came into widespread use here in Australia. But the small screen had excellent WYSIWYG resolution.

Oh the days. I have an old degree in Computer Science and didn't even think about PCs. Bill Gates was still in High School and table top computers were just a hardware hobby that you need low level ASM skills to use, no OS and now real graphics. The MAC was consider a joke - boy were we wrong!

Chas-

Color? Yours first sim had color? I had two choices - green or gold? Color - really?

I said my first flight simulator ...I worked in a NYC computer store where IBM's with dual 5 1/4" floppies were the only business/home PCs around and of course green and black were your color choices...Microsoft had just bought Bruce Artwicks flight simulator which actually had to be booted from the PC....but the computer store owned the PC so it wasn't mine....but soon became mine when i got my Commodore 64.

Chas

My first computer program was on punch cards at University, I finally bought myself (ok, I had help from my folks who chipped in, hey I was 16 at the time with summer job) a TRS-80 color computer for home, but sadly my "monitor" (aka TV) was still black and white 13" (I did get a color 13" soon after).  

But it was a positive plus to be able to use my Cassette recorder to save and load programs.  Then a year or two later I moved up to single sided 5.25" floppy ... OMG, I thought the world was mine (64K RAM - actually really 32K bubble RAM that flip flopped in/out of the address space).  Locked myself in my room for weeks, not being social at all, learning how to code because my High School didn't have computer classes until the last year after I and friend (actually turned in a girlfriend - funny how that works) hooked our school up with Apple who were pushing the Apple II to educational facilities ... viola first High School Computer class and I was TA for the class (senor year).

When I finally got on a DOS machine (in my professional path since there was no way I could afford a $5000 IBM PC) at work, it was life in the fast lane ... and check this out, 10MB hard drive (it was huge and noisey, but OMG, 10MB).  I'd stay late at work just because I had access to such wonderful hardware and do my own projects.  Actually I correct myself, it wasn't DOS I used initially ... it was Digital Research CP/M ... but we soon moved to DOS 1.0.

Ahhhh, back in the day ... a simpler time.

Oh sorry, back on topic ... GoFlight have some good modules that will work for just about any aircraft ... I made a quick video here:

- if you hit GoFlight at the right time they do 30% discount periods.  If you looking to customize your layout and buy as you go for buttons, knobs, etc. the GoFlight DIO solution is very flexible.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks for the video Rob,

Looked fabulous indeed! If only i had the nouse!!!

Your system is great!

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

If only i had the nouse!!!

House?  Mouse?  

Over the years, I've progressively added to my setup ... needs to be mobile as that's my work office also.   I can move it out of the way very quickly.

Here is a link to the GoFlight stuff if you want to investigate: http://www.goflightinc.com/

Cheers, Rob.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "The Prepar3d General Forum" to "Hardware Controllers & Drivers". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Remember the WW1 dogfight game that was in FS?  I first bought FS back in about '85 on a 51/4 floppy.  Then the PS2's came out with a Color Graphics Adapter!  The rest is history!

Jeff Callender

Hi people. I am in the process of building my own panel using the excellent Leo Bodnar BBI-32 board. The only thing is 32 switches is not enough. Can you tell me if I was to buy another BBI-32 board will FSUIPC recognise them as two separate boards or will it just get confused having 2x No1 slots, 2x No2 slots 2x No3 slots etc.

Many thanks

Hi people. I am in the process of building my own panel using the excellent Leo Bodnar BBI-32 board. The only thing is 32 switches is not enough. Can you tell me if I was to buy another BBI-32 board will FSUIPC recognise them as two separate boards or will it just get confused having 2x No1 slots, 2x No2 slots 2x No3 slots etc.

Many thanks

Bit of an old thread but...

No issue with multiple Bodnar cards I have 3 386x's and a BBI-32 running in my setup. FSUIPC keeps them sorted without issue.

RE Thomason Jr.