Sign in to follow this  
bob34

Off Track to the Left

Took the Queen out of the hangar after a long rest and setup KFJK - EGLL and noticed a problem I've seen before, but couldn't remember what caused it or how to fix it.  The flight is going well, but I'm tracking the course from the left and off the magenta line by about 3 to 5 miles at least.  It crosses the waypoint with a few s-turns, but manages w/out losing the autopilot.

ASN weather - PFPX for the flight plan. Smooth wind is off in FSUIPC and I have very little turbulence set w/ ASN.

IRS's have been properly aligned and I have the latest AIRAC installed.

I realize there's a strong tailwind, but since that screenshot, it is now directly on my tail and wouldn't have been causing that kind of offset anyway.

The only other thing I can think of is F1's registry repair fix which I might try after the flight.

But until then - does anyone recognize this problem and have it pinpointed to save me time troubleshooting?

Setup - FSX, Windows 7, ASN weather, PFPX plan, latest FSUIPC. 

offcourse.jpg?_subject_uid=286761057&w=A

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

noticed a problem I've seen before, but couldn't remember what caused it or how to fix it.

Get used to it, at my age I've probably forgotten more than I recall.  Try running the Flight1 registry repair tool, which is free. Be sure to run as admin. This is one of the more common reasons for the symptoms you describe.

Dan Downs KCRP

Have the same problem, but its limited to the 747 and the 777, the 737 is perfect.

done a few reinstalls, latest airac etc

Jan Jacobs