Sign in to follow this  
Claude Troncy

Weather update indicator.

Bonjour,

I wonder if it would not be possible to have an indicator on the "OPUSFSI client live weather control window" telling that the weather update is in progress (like on the server), and another one telling if the weather update is enable or disable.

May be it is difficult to implement.

Cheers

Claude

Claude Troncy

I will give it some thought. I will be working on the new LWA Weather Monitor for any aerodrome, met station, or waypoint shown on the map, selected by right clicking on the marker balloon. I might be able to do something on the back of that or at least make preparations.

Stephen :-)

I am now looking into adding an indicator within the LWA dialog to indicate the current state of the LWE, enabled (green), disabled (red), updating weather (yellow), and also an easy indication to show if the info in the box has been Locked using the left-mouse button (introduced in the latest beta).

We are making good progress on implementing the LWA Weather Monitor dialogs (next beta dev). Any number of aerodrome, met station, and flight plan waypoints can be monitored with a simple right click of the mouse. The runway data is always listed in preferential order based on current surface wind. We should have the beta posted before Xmas break.

Hi Stephen,

I have just downloaded and run the last version.. Thank you for the indicator.

For me, it is very convenient.

Claude  :-)

Claude Troncy

You're welcolm.

Someone has suggested an auto zoom option on the LWA Map which I'm also looking into, based on distance remaining to the specified destination.

It is a good idea to have an auto zoom.

Does it mean there will be an option to position the weather engine horizon elsewhere then centered on the aircraft.

Regards

Claude

Claude Troncy

No it will remain covering its 800 x 800 mile area centred on the aircraft at the time of update, but that includes downloading weather for all nearby met stations at each waypoint and the destination. The auto zoom will just be for altering the map's zoom level as you approach the specified destination.