Sign in to follow this  
Nduru

Aerosoft airbus x fs2crew? Opinions?

I moved away from FS2CREW a number of years ago.  Today, I prefer MCE; after all, why the heck would you want to pay for the same product over and over again?  MCE Voxscripts are amazing and afford you the flexibility to conduct operations according to YOUR airliner's SOPS, vice some random airlines operational mandates.  Plus, you can include as many emergency flows as you want.  It works perfectly with AXE.  Honestly, I don't know why more people don't use it! 

Matt King

This edition is on par with other FS2Crew editions. Updated when necessary, and well supported and documented. This edition still has the ground services of FS2Crew implemented, which is a plus compared to the PMDG B777 edition.

This Airbus edition derives from the version released for the Extended Airbus, but has been updated since and now works with both generations of Aerosoft buses (Extended and current). These updates came at no additional cost.

As far as the occurrence in screencasts is concerned: Maybe because the Airbus has less system depth than most airliners supported by FS2Crew? (PMDG, Majestic, ...)

I think it is great and adds a lot to the sim.  Airbus is fairly simple to set up for flight (by design) and this at least lets you go through all of the check and flows that a real crew would go through.  Definitely makes it more interesting to fly.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Olli, do you think most users are happy with AXE integrated copilot, and forgo the 3rd party add-ons?  Might that account for the lack of FS2CREW/MCE videos, at least in-regards to the AXE? 

Matt King

By the way Froogle did a complete flight with this Airbus and FS2Crew.  I forgot about this but it was actually very good and highlights the advantages of FS2Crew in a very automated environment.

Part #1    

Part #2    

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Olli, do you think most users are happy with AXE integrated copilot, and forgo the 3rd party add-ons?  Might that account for the lack of FS2CREW/MCE videos, at least in-regards to the AXE? 

Very good point; I missed that one.

Even though FS2Crew practices more realistic task-sharing, adds immersion and variety (rampie, interaction with cabin crew, tailor-made briefings) and despite the fact that the voice control edition offers ... exactly that, the integrated checklists and copilot somewhat lessen the need for another addon.

I thought the FS2Crew added a lot to the AXE experience, but then I like talking to my computer, and I like it when it answers me back.