Sign in to follow this  
danieirch

P3D V2 crashing on Nvidia 344.75 driver

Hey, guys... My graphics driver has been having some issues with P3D V2 lately... After a certain period of time, the screen will go black whilst the sound continues, and a pop-up box will tell me that my graphics driver has crashed and recovered.... Unfortunately it just remains on a black screen in P3D V2 and i have to restart the program to see anything. This is the only program with which my graphics driver will crash, it will run flawlessly otherwise, even with FSX! Anyone else having this same issue and can suggest a remedy?

Have you switched back to your previous driver?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

The previous driver also recently started displaying this problem, i thought changing to the newer driver would remedy the situation

I have had issues with the 2 latest NVIDIA drivers...my whole pc would stutter and eventually crash. I have removed the Audio driver and GE Experience....it has been more stable in the last day or so but more testing needed.

I haven't had any issues with this driver so far.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Clean install. Using this version and the newer hotfix driver has tearing issues on my surround setup -  black horizontal lines or parts of desktop flashing through on 2 of the 3 screens and shuffling them doesnt fix it. The hotfix driver was supposed to correct it but it doesn't. No GF experience or 3D installed , just the driver, audio and physx.

Back to 337.88 for me.

Every release since this driver has had major issues for me. Hope they get back on track soon, at least 4 releases since then all broken (p3D tesselation issues, some games not working and now the flashing/tearing problems)

Did you monitor the heat and load of your GPU? I run 344.80 without any problem.

Spirit

This is a problem typical of a failed overclock.  Are you overclocking your GPU, or is your GPU factory overclocked?  If that's not the case, Spirit's advice is spot on: maybe your GPU cooling is having problems (which isn't suprising for a laptop).  FSX's rendering load is light compared to what (I've read) P3D can do to a GPU so it's a nearly worthless comparison in this situation.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

For me no, I never overclock my GPU...you get very little if any performance gain in FSX and P3D. Temps always under the setpoint. It is a driver problem, seen another guy with surround made a similar post  on the Nvidia website.  337.88 none of the flashing etc happens the flashing started at version 344.65 for me, older versions do not have this issue.

Tried many clean uninstalls etc but always the same results.