I am looking to upgrade my computer more spending about $300

My current specs are:

Dell Inspiron 620

Intel i5 at 3.2 GHZ

8 GB DDR3Ram

1TB HDD

EVGA Nvidia GTX 750TI 2GB

Should i consider looking at a new motherboard that can hold two graphics cards due to that i am looking at multi monitor setup, and what would be better nvidia surround, or would a triplehead2go still alow the use of the other ports on the graphics card, what would be worth upgrading?

I have the following payware aircraft PMDG 737,777 Aerosoft Airbus X Extended

And use the following weather addons REX4Texture Direct, and ASN

I currently get 25-40 FPS

I am looking to upgrade my computer more spending about $300

My current specs are:

Dell Inspiron 620

Intel i5 at 3.2 GHZ

8 GB DDR3Ram

1TB HDD

EVGA Nvidia GTX 750TI 2GB

Should i consider looking at a new motherboard that can hold two graphics cards due to that i am looking at multi monitor setup, and what would be better nvidia surround, or would a triplehead2go still alow the use of the other ports on the graphics card, what would be worth upgrading?

I have the following payware aircraft PMDG 737,777 Aerosoft Airbus X Extended

And use the following weather addons REX4Texture Direct, and ASN

I currently get 25-40 FPS

$300 ain't gonna cut it. Unless you can overclock your CPU to 4.4 or 4.5 GHz. Second drive (SSD) for FSX.

25-40 fps is not that bad for FSX, especially if it is smooth and free of jitters, pauses, and stutters.  As for going with two video cards for multi-monitor use, $300 is no where near enough money.  A dual video card motherboard will run $300 or more.  Video cards need power, the Dell power supply unit is rated at 300 watts, so I expect you will need a new PSU to power two cards.  The Dell case is pretty compact, you might run into cooling issues with two video cards.  Personally, I would not start with an off-the-shelf computer and try to rebuild it into a super gaming/simulation computer.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

25-40 fps is not that bad for FSX, especially if it is smooth and free of jitters, pauses, and stutters.  As for going with two video cards for multi-monitor use, $300 is no where near enough money.  A dual video card motherboard will run $300 or more.  Video cards need power, the Dell power supply unit is rated at 300 watts, so I expect you will need a new PSU to power two cards.  The Dell case is pretty compact, you might run into cooling issues with two video cards.  Personally, I would not start with an off-the-shelf computer and try to rebuild it into a super gaming/simulation computer.

Right about the power supply but I can find a whole lot of MB's with two PCIe X16 slots for well, well, under the $300 mark. As for the case and cooling, yeah, could be an issue...

However, the additional video card isn't needed anyway for multiple monitor use.

Again, FPS means nothing in FSX. I can get frame rates as smooth as glass at 13 - 15 fps.  You guys need to quit chasing a ghost called "FPS" in FSX.

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --><strong class='bbc'>This is an automatic message.</strong><br /><br />This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "MOBO, RAM, CPU's & Other Hardware". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.<ul class='bbc'><li>The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.</li><li>The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.</li><li>The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.</li><li>The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.</li></ul>Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. <a href="http://forum.avsim.net/page/AVSIM%20Pages/screen_shot_rules.html"><B>See our image posting rules here</b></a>.<br /><br />Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

I did not buy the PC for simualtor, it was one from work that wasn't being used so i took it and got a gtx750

I will spend a little more if i get a new case, and psu

I was looking to see which parts you would reccomend for it, that i already have and what kind of new gpu should i get

I did find some motherboards for $190 that have to video card slots, i would buy a new case and power supply, would it be worth to get lga 2011 or not what would you recommend

Get a SSD for FSX, or at the very least a 2nd drive for it. 

After that, a new not OEM crap power supply.  Seasonic is the OEM for most of the "good" PSUs out there so I suggest just going straight to them and cutting the middle man.  Start off in the 450-550 watt class.  As long as you don't end up with one of the power hungry AMD GPUs on the market you'll be fine with that.

One you have those then you'll have the basis to start building up the rest of the computer.  

One thing to note, my 4690K i5 at 4.6Ghz is much smoother than my previous 2600K i7 at 5Ghz.

I was looking at getting a 100-200GB SSD or switiching it with one from my other computer that is 500GB, I already plane on getting a new case, psu that is 850 watts, and a motherboard.

Also what lga is your processor, i am looking to keep my i5 at 3.2GHZ oem

OK I think i found what i will do

I will use my cpu and cooler, ram, gtx750ti, dvd drive, and the fan in the computer

I will purchase a ASUS P8P67 DELUXE, a Corsair 850 watt power supply, a Corsair or Cooler Master case, a 120GB ssd, and another gtx 750ti or an gtx 780

If you have any sugesstions or see a flaw with my idea please let me know

Without knowing which cpu/socket you have, it is difficult to tell you whether or not, you are making good choices. The new motherboard must have the same cpu socket as the Dell, otherwise the cpu will not fit.

Spending money on new parts in the hopes of updating/improving performance on an obsolete platform is a waste of money. You would be better served by running your current pc as is, meanwhile saving your money for a brand new system. I'm talking a custom build, where you pick the parts you would like to have, and the computer store assembles it for you. It is worth the extra 50 - 100 bucks, to have the store build and test/burn-in/overclock it for you, believe me.

Jazz

Older platforms can perform to an appreciative level with TLC, and to pursuing smooth performance vs. chasing fps. Period tech forum postings will facilitate. I would speculate that a modest investment into your current system hardware would still be of benefit. In the long run save money for a new system.

Without knowing which cpu/socket you have, it is difficult to tell you whether or not, you are making good choices. The new motherboard must have the same cpu socket as the Dell, otherwise the cpu will not fit.

Spending money on new parts in the hopes of updating/improving performance on an obsolete platform is a waste of money. You would be better served by running your current pc as is, meanwhile saving your money for a brand new system. I'm talking a custom build, where you pick the parts you would like to have, and the computer store assembles it for you. It is worth the extra 50 - 100 bucks, to have the store build and test/burn-in/overclock it for you, believe me.

Jazz

I know the socket is lga 1155 on the new motherboard and the old one

I am basically going to build a brand new system, I am getting a new power supply, sdd, motherboard, and another graphics card

I am going to reuse the cpu, cpu cooler, ram, and dvd drive

I will evantuall get a new cpu, cpu cooler, and ram 1st or 2nd quater 2015 but just for know reuse these parts