Sign in to follow this  
Pilot53

Flight1 B200 vs Majestic Q400

Hi Im wondering what some peoples opinions are regarding the flight1 b200 vs the majestic q400.  I know that fsx has many limitations as far as simulating turboprop engines, thats why I stopped flying them a while back, no addon was realistic enough.  I generally like the idea of the b200 because I would like something to fly ga flights, I exclusively have been flying the pmdg 737 and 777, but systems accuracy and realism is most important.  Is the flight 1 b200 up to par with the majestic q400 in this regard?  Is it as accurate of a turboprop simulation?  The last turboprop I had was the aeroworx for fs9, but I found it wasn't accurate enough in terms of the turboprop simulation.

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

The MJS Q400 is the most accurate turboprop simulation for any simulator available to the public. Period. 

The Flight1 BE20, although a very, VERY, good addon still confines itself to the limitations to FSX. Meaning the turboprop simulation isn't anything close to that of Q400. 

If absolute turboprop realism experience is what you are looking for, the Q400 models it a close as you're going to get to RL. 

When you say GA Im thinking the Q400 more  falls into the airliner bracket

Something else to consider for GA turbo prop is the newly released Flysimware's Cessna C441 Conquest ll. The Dev actually owns one and reports are pretty good so far. 

ZORAN

Q400 hands down....!

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

When you say GA Im thinking the Q400 more  falls into the airliner bracket

Something else to consider for GA turbo prop is the newly released Flysimware's Cessna C441 Conquest ll. The Dev actually owns one and reports are pretty good so far. 

He's got a 414 rather than the 441. But he's got tons of hours in the Conquest and he is continuously developing the product. Sounds like a really great company. 

I might be a little bit biased as I've spent so much time with it, but I don't think you can beat the Majestic Q400. The developers have accurately captured all of the real aircraft's idiosyncrasies and during our training program for it our real world Q400 pilot remarked on the close relationship between the 'pitch and power' numbers of the real thing and Majestic's version. The aircraft itself is demanding to fly and is a harder day out than say an A320 or a 737NG in terms of managing the profile, power, speed and pilot workload. The only thing that is easier in the Q400 than the bigger jets is its amazing ability to shed speed whilst still maintaining a very impressive vertical speed, if your descent planning has gone badly out of shape.

However, if you're willing to get a bit more hands on you'll find the short, busy sectors are a lot fun and very rewarding to do accurately. You can do two sectors in a Q400 before a 777 pilot has even got his ETOPS charts out!  :P

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

As has been said, Majestic's Q400 is at the cutting edge of turboprop simulation and nothing has topped it yet. That said the Flight1 B200 is a very good product too, and I doubt you'd be disappointed with either.

Consider what sort of flying you want to do, the B200 is suited to varied executive style stuff, it can get in to tight fields and cruise high. The Q400 is definitely in regional airliner territory so typical legs are between 200 and 450 miles (45 mins up to about 2 hours).

If you enjoy pressing buttons and managing system though, there's more to do in the Q400 as it has more complicated systems befitting a larger aircraft. In terms of hand flying it's definitely a lot more challenging than any King Air.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Q400 hands down....!

+1. 

And I have both. 

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

The other thing that is seldom mentioned about the Q400 is that since a large portion of it's FDE is modeled outside of FTX in order to produce the accuracy mentioned above many other third party programs will not be able to communicate with it.  For example REX L attitude, Airhauler and a number of VA Acars devices get faulty readings when using this Aircraft.  Hardware use is also a bit limited too until the Pro Versions are released   Even tuning radios in busy Vatsim airspace can be a challenge since you must use the mouse which is a first for me for any aircraft.

I am not trying to be critical of the aircraft as it is spectacular in what it achieves but I think its fair to understand what you can expect.  I have temporarily shelved my Q400 until I am able to use more of my hardware with it.

Food for thought...

RE Thomason Jr.

The majestic KILLS the flight one B200.

Despite owning the F1 B200 I rarely if ever fly it because the G1000 sucks up frames, especially in bad weather.

The Q400 has so much more to offer, and has super high frames, even with high settings and lot's of weather.

I'd give the MJC  Q400 9/10 and the F1 B200 6/10.   

Alright thanks everyone, Majestic q400 it is!

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero