Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

USB hub, a/c powered. Recommendations please?

Hi. I am having problems with USB devices freezing or not being powered at all through my USB ports. I have been looking for an a/c powered hub (USB 2.0 is fine) to power game controllers and the like (such as the Razer Tartarus/ Saitek X52) - they freeze up when I use them together via the PC's USB ports.

But I can't seem to find one that's recommended. Nothing will ever get 100% 5* reviews of course, but comments (on Amazon.co.uk) such as 'this device burnt out my motherboard', 'lasted six months then stopped working' and the like are not to be taken lightly! So any recommendations welcome.

Thanks!!

Martin,

Expensive but very well built with surge for components and highly rated by computer users:

Anker® USB Hub with 9 USB 3.0 Data Ports + 1 Smart Charging Port (5V / 2.1A) with 12V 5A Power Adapter [VIA VL812-B2 Chipset]

Find it on Amazon or go to their site.

Regards

Hoping For CAVU --- Chris

I think, as I am not sure that this will help, I don't want to dive in with a top-end, expensive model. Not sure which Anker you are referring to above.. several on Amazon.co.uk but they don't seem to be right...

I am using a Belkin 4 port powered. Nice and not expensive.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

D-Link DUB-H7

7-Port USB 2 Hub

http://us.dlink.com/products/connect/7-port-usb-2-hub/

Nice and stable with good power source.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I saw that one (the Belkin - sorry the D-Link post came after I posted this reply, now edited) , but have gone with this, which gets the best all-round customer reviews - and is under £20. Will post back over Christmas when I get chance to test it. Thanks....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Plugable-Terminus-Technology-backwards-compatibility/dp/B009R921SE/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1417951700&sr=1-2&keywords=mains+usb+hub

Edited by martinlest2