Sign in to follow this  
toddy91

Best weather engine for FSX

ASN is amazing!  I have tried the others but none is as simple yet powerful like ASN.

OpusFSI. No doubt about it.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

We made a lot of changes to REX Essential Plus/OD in SP3 which was just released recently.  I would suggest you take another look.

We completely re-wrote the weather engine from scratch and feel it is very competitive to what is on the market.  We are getting A LOT of positive feedback.

In addition we fixed the problem in Prepar3D v2.4 of the static wave animations.  This and other texture fixes are within SP3 of REX.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

In addition we fixed the problem in Prepar3D v2.4 of the static wave animations. This and other texture fixes are within SP3 of REX.

When will REX4 Texture Direct be updated?

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

After 5 days of trial license, ASN bought me and I.... I bought it :wub:

Nice!!

ASN here as well.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Since I've installed ASN, I've never even given my weather engine a second thought.  It's there, it works perfectly, it depicts things as realistically as I care to have them, the weather is loaded when my sim starts, etc, etc.

The others (and I do own them and had cycled through them previously) may catch up, but they would have to really improve things to make me even consider ever spending more money on a weather addon.  I just couldn't see how they could do anything but incremental improvements at this time, which makes it doubtful I'd ever worry about switching.

However, ASN's strength in my opinion is real world weather, and there are times where I want to fly somewhere & the actual weather isn't cooperative!  You can edit the current weather for a station, save it, and apply it globally, but it's a bit sparse in features.  So there is a possibility that I could see myself buying and occasionally using a theme creator such as the upcoming REX 4 Weather Architect when it releases.  Hard to say.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I had REX + OD but it was too clunky for me. Decided to bite the bullet and bought ASN, but using REX's textures. ASN is definitely the way to go.