Sign in to follow this  
vegasjon

No NAV/strobe/external lights and something hanging off vert stab

Hello all:

It seems that just recently something is affecting my textures of the 777. I am updated to the most recent version 1.10.6155 for the 777-200. I've tried multiple liveries and they are all doing the same. It may be something I turned on but I don't get any external lights, and there seems to be 2 items dangling from the aircraft. One from the top of the vertical stab and the other off the rear cone APU exhaust. It looks like a rope with an orange triangle at the end of it. I also get random flashes in flight of the ground equipment which also does not show up when selected during pre-flight. Is this maybe a dx10 issue? 

My 737 package still works great btw. Thanks for any help you can provide

Jon Richardson

Henderson, NV

(vegsajon)

Jon Richardson

Raleigh, NC

can you post an image of what you're experiencing

?

Rob Marton

I have all nav/strobe/ external lights on- Also, see those hanging things on the back? Try the link below- it wouldn't let me copy the image in directly...If that doesn't work I can email it to ya! Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B65br3cUE88GWmxqVmh2eEdBYU0/view?usp=sharing

Jon Richardson

The "dangling" things are static pressure cones as part of the flight test package (you can select this option in the FMS) as for texture issues, not sure there... Also, those cones are supposed to be straight out in flight, not dangling. How did you get the airplane to where it is in the picture? Slew mode?

Nope- I'm just doing a normal flight right now- no time compression or anything...I'll try turning off the flight test package and maybe that will enable the other items...

Ok, I enabled flight test package which was set to "NO"...When I switched it on, now the static cones are streaming...no lights yet.

Just confirmed something- When I am viewing from external view and have the FMS up. when I toggle the test package on and off, the static lines just drop straight down and then back to streaming...

Jon Richardson

Raleigh, NC

Nope- I'm just doing a normal flight right now- no time compression or anything...I'll try turning off the flight test package and maybe that will enable the other items...

Ok, I enabled flight test package which was set to "NO"...When I switched it on, now the static cones are streaming...no lights yet.

Just confirmed something- When I am viewing from external view and have the FMS up. when I toggle the test package on and off, the static lines just drop straight down and then back to streaming...

Bizzare. Can you see this same behaviour if you load a PMDG livery and reset the panel state to one of the PMDG provided states? 

PS - you may want to put your name in your signature so you don't have to type it each time. Otherwise mods are gonna delete stuff...

Try what I suggested and see what result you get.

Is this maybe a dx10 issue? 

I don't think so, but DX10 is not recommended PMDG.

Are you sure advanced animations is checked in the FSX Settings? Beyond that, is the 777 your default aircraft in the sim?

Kyle Rodgers

I run DX10 with the paid version of steves fixer and don't have these issues, but if it was mis-configured you may do.

Kyle is also right to double check things like advanced animations etc.

When I load the default PMDG skin, it works great- I didn't even change any FMS settings or reset. Lights work and no static lines.I then loaded three different liveries and they all work fine now. Enabled and disabled ground connections and those all work fine....I keep checking but it seems to be working fine now. I was only doing the past two days or so. Thanks everyone for your support and quick responses!!!

Jon Richardson

Henderson, NV

Jon Richardson

Raleigh, NC

When I load the default PMDG skin, it works great- I didn't even change any FMS settings or reset. Lights work and no static lines.I then loaded three different liveries and they all work fine now. Enabled and disabled ground connections and those all work fine....I keep checking but it seems to be working fine now. I was only doing the past two days or so. Thanks everyone for your support and quick responses!!!

Jon Richardson

Henderson, NV

FSX is crazy. I have another addon where every once in awhile you end up flying around with the ground power cart attached. LOL

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

That's really weird, I've even had default aircraft like the 747 do this though, some kind of line with a triangle shape on it.  Closing and re-starting FSX fixes it.  Sounds like this is some 777 feature in this case though?

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro