Sign in to follow this  
tdj

ALT key does not pop up the in game menu in full screen

Since installing FSX and finding that I should be able to access the in-game menu while in full screen by pressing ALT, instead of having to press ALT + Enter to go back to running in window, I have been unable to bring up the in-game menu using the ALT key.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried holding the ALT key down for a second or 2?  I have also seen something

about the FSX.cfg file and the order of some of the things in it.  See if yours matches this.

ProcSpeed=8403
PerfBucket=7
Location=284,48,1316,814,\\.\DISPLAY1
Maximized=0
HideMenuNormal=0
HideMenuFullscreen=1
[PANELS]

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Charlie - I tried holding it down a couple of seconds with no success.

I checked the cfg and while the ProcSpeed and Location values are different, the remaining values are all the same as you indicated.

Charlie - I tried holding it down a couple of seconds with no success.

I checked the cfg and while the ProcSpeed and Location values are different, the remaining values are all the same as you indicated.

OK, It wasn't necessarily the values of those entries but the order in which they are displayed.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Charlie Aron

OK so here is what happened.  I rearranged the set of entries in the cfg file and it still did not work.  I then went about making some other unrelated changes to the cfg file that I had read about and wanted to try, including changing the WideViewAspect to True, since I am using a wide screen TV for a monitor.  Bingo.  I am guessing that the menu has actually been coming up, but not seen since the default wide view setting was taking out the very top of the screen.  Anyhow, the issue is resolved, and I thank you Charlie for your assistance.