Sign in to follow this  
CD4000

Additions and error

Hi, I use EFIS Panel Builder v2.92 with x-plane 10.31 and it is excellent..

I would like to request a few changes and report an error.  I use the panels to fly turboprops mostly.

Can the Radar Altitude gauge be adjusted to not show a value above 3000ft?  I believe that is standard behaviour.

Can the glideslope indicators please not be displayed when there is no vertical guidance available?  Otherwise it gives a false indication of on-slope. Same for the CDI if there is no lateral guidance available.

Can you add a Yaw Damper selection indicator to the autopilot dispaly panel?

The fuel guage conversions may not be correct.  When I change the gauge setting from lbs to gal it goes from 478lbs to 822gal.  I would excpect it to go from 478lbs to around 80gal.

Finally, sometimes the gauges flicker if I start X-plane before Panel Builder, although today they flickered anyway.  Is there a setting somewhere that could be affecting this behaviour? 

Thanks, Craig.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The Radar Altitude Label in the EFIS instrument set has no limits (I assume that is the gauge you are referring to) and shows what the flight sim shows. I can add a limit as requested.

I have a look at the other issues. What fuel gauge are you referring to? Is this the Fuel remaining gauge?

Also, what version of EFIS Panel Builder do you have?

Sorry to take so long to reply, I haven't had any time to use the sim for the last month.

For the Radar Altitude, the instruments are normally limited to around 3,000 feet due to increasing error.

Yes, it is the Fuel Remaining gauge.

V2.92.

The gauge flickering may be due to a network issue at my end; I've just put in a local switch to connect my PCs and I'll let you know if I still have a problem.

Regards, Craig.