Sign in to follow this  
sparkie66

so i caved on maxx fx

Thanks, @fkane.  I may try it.  I was a bit frustrated because the day after I bought SkyMaxx, there was a special bundle pricing of SkyMaxx, MaxxFX and UrbanMaxx, so I talked myself out of paying for the other two.

The real world actually does look pretty dull, even from above.

maybe on some days, amd maybe your gamma setting differs from mine (2.5) but I found it more dull than real life. That's one thing fsx/p3d do did better imo.

I compared screenshots from xplane to pics taken on a glider flight i did irl on a a nice sunny day (bit hazy) and tried to replicate that ambiance in xp. 

Maybe / probably maxx fx doesnt do anything else from what smart users can tweak for themselves, but I went with maxx fx. (even with that i use a standard template for now, because the "power user" panel gives me the creeps ;)

PS RTH is awesome indeed, that also made a world of difference to me.

Ive been using this for a few days now. IMO, REALLY nice weather engine for X-Plane. X-plane perhaps 60 to 70% for me with just about all Carenado aircraft. Only reason I use P3D at all is for quality aircraft not available in X-Plane.Flight dynamics So much better in X-Plane. Specially turbo props.

can i ask what you put in settings to make it connect to xp?

I can't seem to get it to work. I dl this file: fsrealwxv2_setup_2010221

and installed it for use with XP (bottom option at install i think), then  opened it up with xp running. 

What to put in options/interface ?

-Roland

#1. You need the RealWX v2.0 available on their website once logged in. #2 You need the XP plugin also available on their website. Then simple, with RealWX pro running, go to plugins and connect. (Has to be done manually the first time running each session). I run it on a networked computer but its the same on the Sim computer. Hope that helps Roland.

#1. You need the RealWX v2.0 available on their website once logged in. #2 You need the XP plugin also available on their website. Then simple, with RealWX pro running, go to plugins and connect. (Has to be done manually the first time running each session). I run it on a networked computer but its the same on the Sim computer. Hope that helps Roland.

That certainly helped, thanks.

What I did wrong is too silly to mention.

-Roland