Sign in to follow this  
jmslwl25

FSRecorder - how to playback without having to control the aircraft?

Hi! First post here,

I seem to be a little confused to how FSRecorder works. I got it because the instant replay in FSX was juttery for me, so I used this as an alternative. I downloaded the latest version off the website, installed it and it was all fine.

When I was landing I wanted a replay of wing view so I pressed record (I was in 'virtual cockpit' view for the whole landing), landed, then stop recording and saved the file. I closed FSX, navigated to the file and opened it and pressed play. But what I didn't realise the recording just located me to where I was when I pressed 'record' and the plane just kept going (guessing if I used the ILS autopilot I would have gone down the glideslope, but still would have had to control airspeed, flaps etc.)

So, my question is, how would I play this recording without having to control the aircraft ('cause I can't go in wingview then). I just want to open the file, set the view and for the plane to land how I landed it. 

I've tried looking around here and google, can't seem to find any help.

Thanks a lot!

When you are in playback, you don't control the  aircraft.  It flies the recorded parameters.

Gnacino

I closed FSX, navigated to the file and opened it and pressed play. But what I didn't realise the recording just located me to where I was when I pressed 'record' and the plane just kept going (guessing if I used the ILS autopilot I would have gone down the glideslope, but still would have had to control airspeed, flaps etc.)

So, my question is, how would I play this recording without having to control the aircraft ('cause I can't go in wingview then). I just want to open the file, set the view and for the plane to land how I landed it.

Hi, jmslwl25,

From your description, I think you are opening the saved situation file, not the recording file. When you start to record, FS-Recorder saves the situation just as if you had saved the flight at the start of the recording. When you say that you "navigated to the file," how did you do this? Were you inside FSX or outside?

AFAIK, you cannot start playing an FS-Recorder file from outside FSX. To play back a recording, you need to start FSX, start a flight (the default Trike/Friday Harbour will do just fine), open the FS-Recorder tab, choose "play," and then select the name of the recorded flight. (In fact, you did not need to close FSX at all after finishing the recording.)

If you are using some third-party add-on aircraft such as one by PMDG, things can get a bit more complicated, but that is the basic idea.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi, jmslwl25,

From your description, I think you are opening the saved situation file, not the recording file. When you start to record, FS-Recorder saves the situation just as if you had saved the flight at the start of the recording. When you say that you "navigated to the file," how did you do this? Were you inside FSX or outside?

AFAIK, you cannot start playing an FS-Recorder file from outside FSX. To play back a recording, you need to start FSX, start a flight (the default Trike/Friday Harbour will do just fine), open the FS-Recorder tab, choose "play," and then select the name of the recorded flight. (In fact, you did not need to close FSX at all after finishing the recording.)

If you are using some third-party add-on aircraft such as one by PMDG, things can get a bit more complicated, but that is the basic idea.

Mike

Ah, cheers! I was opening the .FSSAVE which I saved to my documents. When I opened this, it opened FSX to where I started the recording.

Opening it in the 'play' menu worked like I wanted it to! Thanks a lot!

My mistake.