Sign in to follow this  
Gavin

Taxi2Gate VHHH available imminently

It does look nice.  It's time to retire the old Imaginesim VHHH scenery

Chris Sunseri

Released!

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

How do they manage to release so many high-quality sceneries in such a short time? Really impressive. 

For anyone that has it. Does it play nice with Fly Tampa Kai Tak?

I really hope it works well with FlyTampa Kai Tak, because I have been looking for a good VHHH for ages. I might just take the plunge and get this tomorrow and see the two work out.

And thanks for the heads up, I had no idea this was in the making.

how do these guys keep releasing such great quality airports sooooo fast? I'd honestly like to know. nobody in the industry does this.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

A common object library would be a start in downsizing development time. Their DOH and now HKG share quite a few ground objects which are textured differently to reflect the area of the world they've been injected into; not complaining since ORBX and even FT have a similar structure of working with airports, it's fantastic as we get more airports delivered in what seems to be lightspeed compared to other developers. It's the same story with regards to FPS, getting 30 locked with the NGX and I honestly am impressed with that as this is the first time I've been able to have dense 3D grass all around the airport without any performance loss.

FT Kai Tak blends in smoothly with T2G HKG, I didn't notice any issues and it does liven up the downtown area extensively. I also purchased SamSoft Macau through SimMarket to add even more density around the area as you approach HKG from different sides.

There seem to be some static objects that don't really sit well on the AFCAD and are slightly below the airfield elevation but hardly noticeable unless you stop and take a close look at each of them.

Overall, I see T2G has kept their quality right up there (except for the slightly low resolution textures on the terminal roof) alongside DOH and IST which were released earlier, both of which I've purchased on day 1. Definitely a huge step above ImagineSims rendition of this airport.
If any of you have been sitting on the fence with this, I'd urge you to aim yourself towards SimMarket and jump off - this is a must buy, as are their other recently released airports.

Amazing.

Go get it.

Sweet justice!  Santa says I've been good (well usually :lol:

Chris Sunseri

Thks for that KrazyK. If it plays well with Kai Tak then I am sold.

Great airport. Don't see a huge footprint on vas, I would say vas is reasonable for an airport in this size. With flytampa and thai creation Macau scenery in the area, using pmdg t7, I am seeing 3.2 to 3.4 gb in dx 10.

The only thing i can nitpick is that I was expecting more buildings in the surrounding area

Danny F