Sign in to follow this  
Gavin

Taxi2Gate VHHH available imminently

I initially considered buying Taxi2Gate's VHHH, but I decided to wait for some quick reviews.

These have now started coming and they don't seem very positive. There are currently two short reviews at SimMarket (worth 3 and 4 stars), and a few more here and there in the web (for instance at a popular FS news site in the Comments' section, e.g. coming from a local Hong Kong simmer - I got there by googling for some VHHH comments last night). Some of the main points refer to no safedock, missing objects/landmarks, mixed quality texturing, poor ground images, colouring, misaligned autogen buildings, and generally what seems to be a rushed release.

So, since I've still got lots of virtual airports to visit, some bought at Black Friday sales, I will pass now and see how things go.

I am not writing it here as any criticism, as I have nothing against T2G nor do I have this addon, but to share some thoughts I collected to consider before spending nearly 30 euro. Maybe someone who bought it can tell us here what his/her feelings are about this product.

Thanks for your reply Kyle but that didn't work either. So far I have tried with DX10 on and off, with aircraft shadows on/off and I found one vhhh bgl in my traffic that I renamed. I hope I can sort this because this airport is such an improvement on the last one. Any other input/ thoughts please.

Malcolm Hancock

I have the same problem too. I can't use my ### AI Traffic. There aren't any AI traffic in the airport or planes lands on the airport. How can I solve it?
Please Help

These have now started coming and they don't seem very positive. There are currently two short reviews at SimMarket (worth 3 and 4 stars), and a few more here and there in the web (for instance at a popular FS news site in the Comments' section, e.g. coming from a local Hong Kong simmer - I got there by googling for some VHHH comments last night). Some of the main points refer to no safedock, missing objects/landmarks, mixed quality texturing, poor ground images, colouring, misaligned autogen buildings, and generally what seems to be a rushed release.

Though we've gotten used to the surrounding area of an airport being covered extensively with some products, I don't think we can really hold that against a developer as the main product is the airport itself. The surroundings are like a bonus feature that might/might not come with it. I didn't find any low res ground images as most of the area has got custom ground work, the water around the airport could be adjusted yes but again not something that really needs to come from a developer that is focused on creating the airport and not the surroundings. The only issue that I will hold against T2G would be that some of their airport static vehicles seem to be slightly below the ground and the terminal roof isn't exactly HD, plus the lack of safedock. Other than that, I think it's a fantastic piece of kit from a developer that's constantly improving and filling the hole left by other developers that are focused elsewhere.

In short, it isn't meant to be a high resolution ORBX dedicated region, it's an add on that has its eyes set firmly to the airport itself with a few bonus objects around it.

That being said, everyone has their own way of judging a product so I won't disagree with those who have mentioned the lack of features with this product. I'm sure T2G will step forward and correct whatever bugs it currently has and improve on their work further.

I bought this airport the first day it was released and I'm very impressed. Textures look good and performance is great. Here are a few screenshots from a few flights over the weekend.

6h6fTN.jpg

i8f5mI.jpg

uYBxms.jpg

BnS17i.jpg

DdKQQJ.jpg

25nHWt.jpg

shteTZ.jpg

CH83FP.jpg

KSdAdh.jpg

ktvZgH.jpg

f2NIln.jpg

NOHvQ6.jpg

gTMvzP.jpg

0kUMyt.jpg

chrW7o.jpg

qod57j.jpg

tb8yw5.jpg

3hfx1h.jpg

egJL6h.jpg

qRHgas.jpg

Edited by FloG
Removed 2 excessive pictures

Next is ksea

Thank God, about time someone did this airport.

Eric 

I have made three return flights to this airport and I must say that I am impressed. I hope I do not repeat another poster exactly but if I do it is hopefully to echo them. I think that the actual airport is very impressive. I will say that it is probably not the same standard as FSDreamteam, Flightbeam or FlyTampa. I will say that the photoreal textures of the surrounding area not as high resolution as some people would like. This is not an issue for me. This is an international airport that caters to heavies. On approach the pilot is way to busy preparing for landing to worry about sightseeing like a GA pilot might do. This is why  the photoreal coverage works well with this scenery as an enhancement. I also have MMMX and they have done an extensive photreal of the whole city. In this case it is much nicer to have a higher resolution over the whole city because you have more of a chance to enjoy it rather than on final. In this case because FlyTampa has already done a very nice complimentary scenery their is no need to spend significant resources on the adjacent island when most simmers won't notice that part much anyway. I hope I have contributed to the conversation. 

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Nice to see this scenery available. However, I would question, in my own humble way, why anyone would try to produce a scenery in the 'FSX Triangle.' KSEA and the area is probably the worst performing area anywhere in FSX! Good luck all the same.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I bought this airport the first day it was released and I'm very impressed.

Sorry for going a little off-topic, but I wanted to pass on a friendly reminder that the AVSIM Screenshot Posting Rules apply to all forums. Picttures exceeding the picture limit of 20 per post will be removed.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Best regards,

These shots are awesome! Are you using ground environment asia? B)

Thanks Sven

ftx global and rex4

Nice to see this scenery available. However, I would question, in my own humble way, why anyone would try to produce a scenery in the 'FSX Triangle.' KSEA and the area is probably the worst performing area anywhere in FSX! Good luck all the same.

It is true that KSEA is a tough area but what about EGLL, KJFK? These are in my experience harder on frames with more traffic and airports than the Puget Sound area and both have 3rd party airports and most people don't seem to complain. Or do they? I don't have a problem with frame rates so I am looking forward to KSEA. Ever since FlyTampa did it way back in the FS9 days I have been hoping for a FSX version. I am disappointed that FlyTampa did not take this on again. I am still using a the FlyTampa FS9 version that has been modified and it is still not bad after all these years. As far as VHHH and Kai Tak are concerned they work well together on my system.  

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg