Sign in to follow this  
yidahoo

Flight Factor A350 is out

Thanks for the heads up! I am curious how detailed the systems modeling is, will def. keep an eye on this one!

John.

So how are the frames? Are they comparable to the 757/777? If so I'm good to go.

Alexander Colka

50 bucks without navigraph support/FMS?

A little steep in my opinion.  Even lite FSX tubes usually have navigraph FMS support.

Looks like a nice model otherwise.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hi Alexander,

I don't see a substantial FPS hit with this vs other add ons like their 757 or 777.  I have an i7 3770K OC'd to 4.4ghz with a nividia gtx770 4gb card. I get approx. 34fps at CYVR on the ramp.  Need to see how KSEA is. I do not have any ai running as that really kills fps for me. 

One thing I am hoping for is that the manuals can be made to read outside of the Airbus350 in PDF format. They have cleverly incorporated it into the plane on the screens, but I'd rather lay in bed and do some reading tonight. I've looked inside the folder and can't locate it anywhere. Other than that, I've only spent about 30 minutes in the cockpit turning some systems on, but that is about it. Nice product for sure.

These guys really have a passion. :-) hope this was somewhat helpful.

Best, Jeff

EDIT: I found the manual, however they are all png files that are in the Flight Factor Airbus 350 Pro/AirbusA350XWB/Custom Avionics/Guide Folder.

At least I can open the first png file and scroll through each page to read. Printing won't be a good option as it is not in PDF and it will use a ton of color and black ink. 207 pages worth. 

Not sure John,

I didn't read the manual though...yet.  I did a short flight from KSEA out towards KPDX and returned to KSEA. I could not get a weather radar to work, but most likely did not have parameters set up for this, unless it is not modeled. I'll check tomorrow if I can and post back. Someone else most likely will beat me to it. Nice plane never the less. :-) Have a nice evening.

Best, Jeff

I'm interested but I'll wait for the 757 quality version.

Regarding the FMS and Navigraph:

The FMS (and the aircraft itself) seems to be very capable and quize complex, incl. most performance calculations. The navdata used are X-Plane's -- which you can update with Navigraph or NavDataPro.

The only things missing seem to be SIDs/STARs and T/D calculation.

At the moment, I would wait, though, because there are a number of bugs. Most may not be so important for many users, though (such as wrong fonts on some liveries or a several spelling errors on panels).

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

The touch screen looks gorgeous. Any programmers could comment on that? I wonder how that was done, with cairo? Any videos around? What libs does the plugin use? I can live without sid/star, while waiting for x-plane to integrate that someday.

Thanks

The touch screen looks gorgeous. Any programmers could comment on that? I wonder how that was done,

Everything you need to do a touchscreen is included with the standard X-Plane SDK.

Author of Gizmo64 for X-Plane.

Nice exterior model, but not so excited for the interior model

Can you elaborate an this? To me, it looks like it shows a very plausible Airbus style (i.e. gray and not as cosy as the cockpits of many Boeings ... )

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir