Sign in to follow this  
flightjunkie

Help! AI aircraft won't show up parked in VHHH but will land there

For some reason, I can't get AI aircraft to show up as parked when booting up P3D in VHHH (stock scenery).

However, AI aircraft will land and park as expected, and after a while those same aircraft will depart VHHH.

I somehow just can't get VHHH to load with AI aircraft already parked (so the airport is empty).

I tried the same with Taxi2Gate's new VHHH scenery and it's still a problem!

I don't have any other Hong Kong scenery installed.

Help!

I'm having a similar issue in FSX, except all AI traffic is invisible in the area. Once the the aircraft is far enough away from the airport, the aircraft reappears. Any ideas? I just installed Taxi2Gate vhhh today

Fellas ... a shot in the dark but if you haven't already done so try limiting your AI to, say, 30%.  That should give sufficient free parking spaces for the AI aircraft to taxi and park.

My problem is that ZERO aircraft are parking when starting the sim, but once the sim has a chance to accept arriving aircraft, those aircraft actually start parking.

Just have no idea why aircraft aren't even parked to start with.... and it's mid-day so aircraft schedules aren't a problem.

okay to clarify, is the AI traffic existent in the airport and just invisible? or are they actually not there at all. Because my issue was that the AI traffic DID exist but was just invisible (i was able to see the lights). the simple solution for my problem was to turn off "aircraft casts shadows on ground." Now it works fine for me. 

JJ Ma, AI traffic is not existent at the airport until it comes into view as an arriving aircraft (e.g. 80 nm out and approaching). When I start the sim, there are ZERO aircraft parked at the gate.

It does not seem to be an AFCAD issue with gate assignments/radius because aircraft once they arrive do park correctly at the gates.

Are you using default AI?

VHHH-AI-gate_zpsa0732dde.jpg

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

No, I'm using custom AI packages (not WOAI) and don't have any issues at other airports. As I mentioned, the aircraft land and park correctly - they just don't start up at VHHH.

I also confirmed that VHHH isn't redirected to Kai Tak (VHHX).

flightjunkie,

"No, I'm using custom AI packages"

You did not mention that in your first post.

You have a problem with your custom AI packages.

It is not a P3D problem.

Best Regards,

It is actually a scenery problem in my case. When using DX10 in some sceneries the AI models will not show (they will project a shade though). UNless the scenery developer fixes their scenery you are out of luck.

...or you can default to stock P3D models

Have the issue at the latest UUEE.in FSX...

I finally figured it out after several hours of research (and unfortunately re-installing P3D which was totally unnecessary).

FSX as well as P3D requires that all AI traffic files are compiled for FSX and not mixed with FS9 because FSX/P3D somehow prioritizes FS9 files and doesn't process any FSX files.

I had installed FlyTampa's VHHX Kai Tak scenery and apparently there is ONE file there that is part of the scenery that installs SHIP traffic and it seems like it was in "FS9" format.
That explains why only VHHH area air traffic disappeared because VHHH is within the radius of VHHX...

Once I deleted the ship traffic file from Flytampa everything was fine again!
The offending file appears to be Traffic_flytampa_aiship_2HHX.bgl.

Hope this helps!

"I had installed FlyTampa's VHHX Kai Tak scenery"

You did not mention this in your first post.

Anyway:

More info on the FlyTampa-Hong Kong Kai-Tak / AI-Ship-Traffic / afx_2HHX_flytampa_aiship.BGL / Traffic_flytampa_aiship_2HHX.bgl
Here:
http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=21699

Best Regards,