Sign in to follow this  
gatechfan_99

Getting the 777 next week...

Hi fellow pilots.  Planning to upgrade from the Level D 767 to the PMDG 777.  

I plan to study the operations manuals from front to back and side ways before I try to fire up the bird.  

I want to make this a real life learning experience like I did with the Level D.  However there is no way in hades I will be able to print out the manuals into a notebook.  Simply not possible.  

My question is this:  I have a Sony E-Reader that uses adobe.  Is it possible to load the manuals into the E-Reader using the Sony Reader software?  Do any of you pilots have the ability to transfer the manuals to any of the E-readers?

Thanks in advance.

John R. Bradley

AAL132

I have all the PDFs on my iPad in the Adobe Reader app. I transferred them by just emailing them to myself and opening the e-mail on my iPad. Another way I did was uploading the docs to my adobe cloud account and then you can open them in the Adobe app.

I have all the PDFs on my iPad in the Adobe Reader app. I transferred them by just emailing them to myself and opening the e-mail on my iPad. Another way I did was uploading the docs to my adobe cloud account and then you can open them in the Adobe app.

Thanks!!  I should be able to transfer to my E-Reader.

John Bradley

AAL132

I plan to study the operations manuals from front to back and side ways before I try to fire up the bird.

I want to make this a real life learning experience like I did with the Level D.
This does not concern the E-Reader. The T7 comes with the following documents: Tutorial 1, Introduction, FCOM 1 & 2, the FCTM.

All contain very useful and helpful information. I believe the most important two are Tutorial 1 and the Introduction. Reading  the Introduction and doing Tutorial 1 are an absolute requirement. The FCOMs and FCTM can be done at your leisure and referred to whenever necessary.

This does not concern the E-Reader. The T7 comes with the following documents: Tutorial 1, Introduction, FCOM 1 & 2, the FCTM.

All contain very useful and helpful information. I believe the most important two are Tutorial 1 and the Introduction. Reading  the Introduction and doing Tutorial 1 are an absolute requirement. The FCOMs and FCTM can be done at your leisure and referred to whenever necessary.

THANKS so much!!

Waiting on my money to get into Paypal so I can purchase...probably in another day or two.

John Bradley

AAL132

Got it yesterday...Spent the day reading the introduction and tutorial while at work.

Only thing is..I can't get my Ereader to open the other two manuals.  It seems they may be protected or something...

Oh well....

John Bradley

AAL132

I use Dropbox to load up any documentation that I want to read through. Than I can use WiFi on my Nook (or even my IPOD) whenever I get a chance to read it. With Dropbox, I can keep everything stored in the cloud, or I can choose to download it to my device if I'm not going to be near a reliable WiFi connection. That way I took all the T7 (and Majestic Q400) documentation with me to Europe a few weeks ago to pore through on the long train rides or the quiet evenings. It was especially interesting reading about the 777 while actually on a 777!

The files are secured but not copy protected, and should be able to open with any Acrobat Reader v7.0 or later.  Note that these files are secured against printing, external searches, etc.

Dan Downs KCRP