Sign in to follow this  
KMerchak

No "No smoking sign" switch in over head panel (Emirates Livery)

So I noticed that while i was flying the pmdg 777-300er, that only in the Emirates livery there isn't a switch for the no smoking signs...

Tried to fully re-install the addon but the issue isn't fixed

(it isn't that big of an issue, just wanted to point it out)

So I noticed that while i was flying the pmdg 777-300er, that only in the Emirates livery there isn't a switch for the no smoking signs...

Tried to fully re-install the addon but the issue isn't fixed

(it isn't that big of an issue, just wanted to point it out)

You could've saved yourself the hassle of a reinstall had you read the intro manual.

The aircraft liveries also have an associated "options" file that contains all of the aircraft options that the airline has installed in the aircraft (within limitations). In this case, Emirates doesn't have a NO SMOKING switch, so the livery reflects that. Likewise, some have a NO ELECTRONICS switch.

These options may be altered by the PMDG SETUP> menus.

Please have a read through of the intro manual. It has a ton of important information in there.

Kyle Rodgers

You could've saved yourself the hassle of a reinstall had you read the intro manual.

The aircraft liveries also have an associated "options" file that contains all of the aircraft options that the airline has installed in the aircraft (within limitations). In this case, Emirates doesn't have a NO SMOKING switch, so the livery reflects that. Likewise, some have a NO ELECTRONICS switch.

These options may be altered by the PMDG SETUP> menus.

Please have a read through of the intro manual. It has a ton of important information in there.

Ahh! Cool!!

So i can change these settings from the fmc> pmdg stup> menu 

Or some where else?

Ahh! Cool!!

Or some where else?

Correct. Have a look in the manual, too, as it'll help explain some of the other options.

Kyle Rodgers

Ahh! Cool!!

Or some where else?

But why would you want to change a correct livery to an incorrct one?

For what it is worth......our airline has a non smoking policy as well ofcourse.

So the 777s that still have the No Smoking switch installed were changed to have "On" at all three positions of the switch :-)

The signs in the cabin will allways be on, but funny enough the EICAS messgae NO SMOKING only shows with the switch fully to the right.(we like to blend that message away during flight....lest clutter....and thus switch the switch to the middle "On" position after after take off and untill top of descend.)

Rob Robson

But why would you want to change a correct livery to an incorrct one?

For what it is worth......our airline has a non smoking policy as well ofcourse.

So the 777s that still have the No Smoking switch installed were changed to have "On" at all three positions of the switch :-)

The signs in the cabin will allways be on, but funny enough the EICAS messgae NO SMOKING only shows with the switch fully to the right.(we like to blend that message away during flight....lest clutter....and thus switch the switch to the middle "On" position after after take off and untill top of descend.)

True!