Sign in to follow this  
dvlourie

Some questions for a undecided buyer

I have been watching and reading the forums and websites regarding Voxatc. I want to purchase but, regardless of price i have a few questions.....

1. I don't normally fly out of busy airports, i.e.: KORD, KMDW, etc. Can I use the program at smaller airports even if there is no tower?

2. Will i be able to use the program for flight following?

3. I think i will be able to "add" facilities. Is that correct?

I appreciate any and all help in advance.....thanks!

1 fly in and out of any airport/ aerodrome, Unicom for unattended facility's.

2. Not sure what you mean about flight following ?

3. Any addons, just run the indexer and runway updater after installing them.

Best ATC addon, has its quirks like any piece of software. Try the demo.

I have flown with VoxATC for over a year now and it is a very solid offline ATC solution.   The only real annoyance is the current issue where the ARTCC controllers like to hand you off back and forth like a practical joke from time to time.

VoxATC works with any airport.   If you are doing GA flying, yes, VoxATC will do the whole flight following and Class B airspace persmission and guidance.

VoxATC works with ALL known airport addons, payware and 3rd party non-professional airport updates.   As stated, you just have to run the Indexer after you install a new airport (you also need to install it after you install new player or AI driven aircraft).

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

thanks to all for your input...I am convinced....i will purchasing in a few hours...see you all in the skies...thanks again...

It works at any airport but my experience with small airport is slightly different from RW:

In rw, you get your clearance on the ground by calling center by radio or phone. You can alternately depart VFR then get your clearance on first contact with ARC.

With VOX, you cannot get your IFR authorization from ground before flying. You just take off vfr then at about 6 miles from the airport, youre prompted to contact center. The center doesnt give you any authorization at this point. Its like he assume that you got them already. Later in the flight, they will eventually assign you a transponder code and give you proper instruction.

So i would say that beside the initial clearance, its ok from small airport.

Other people already commented on how to index for new scenery but you cannot for instance update comm frequencies or add a ndb at your local airport from within vox.

You can use airport design editor to do so however. I updated some comm and center frequencies this way.

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

Excellent idea kama2004.... i have ADE and will certainly update local airport (KVYS)...thanks for the idea!

How does it do on the VFR closed traffic pattern and practice instrument approaches?

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM