Sign in to follow this  
RancidViper

777 Virtual Cockpit Issue

Hi All,

Greetings from Down Under.

Well this is a recent problem for me. I'm using a freeware 777 package that was working perfectly fine until recently, when I loaded up a flight and found that I can't see through the Virtual Cockpit anymore.

nzA6U.png

As it loads up you can see through it but once everything loads fully then this happens.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Randy

Looks like sky to me?  The black area at the right is probably a sun shade; you need to raise it?

Looks like sky to me?  The black area at the right is probably a sun shade; you need to raise it?

No it's not the sky. Here is a screenshot just before the full panel loads.

6EaPf.png

The moment everything loads up, it looks like the first pic I posted.

:wacko:

Yeah , that's the old POSKY--I think the glitch is in the glass graphic. I forgot the name of the file. I think it was something named glass or dirt in the textures folder of the panel or the particular aircraft.

probably a sun shade; you need to raise it?

I am pretty sure that was modeled into the cockpit and you can't stow it.

Jim Atkins

Looks like heavily tinted windows in the VC view.  Where did you download from...file name?

Check out this thread about heavy tinted VC glass.  http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/reducing-glass-tint-when-in-model.432090/

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Looks like heavily tinted windows in the VC view.  Where did you download from...file name?

Check out this thread about heavy tinted VC glass.  http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/reducing-glass-tint-when-in-model.432090/

Yeah , that's the old POSKY--I think the glitch is in the glass graphic. I forgot the name of the file. I think it was something named glass or dirt in the textures folder of the panel or the particular aircraft.

I am pretty sure that was modeled into the cockpit and you can't stow it.

magentajim, I have the posky model and also this one "BCJ Boeing 777 Mega Package Vol.1" which I downloaded from Simviation if I remember correctly, and both of them have developed this same issue now.

I followed the instructions on the link you gave me and deleted the "Pky_glassdirt" and "Pky_util" files and folders but it's still the same unfortunately.

charliearon, the thing is it used to work before so I'm not sure what went wrong. But from what I remember when this VC was working, it did have a pretty heavy tint, but for some reason I think the transparency is not working anymore which is why I can't see through the glass anymore. I may go through that link you posted and give it a try, just done a fresh reinstall of windows recently so I need to install my Adobe suite again.  :lol:

Will update you guys as soon as I try that.

Cheers!

Something else to try that's fairly easy, even though it says for FSX to P3D conversion.

P3d VC window textures patch for the FSX Project Opensky/Skyspirit Boeing 777 series

From Simviation.

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/12/09/5sMvP.jpg

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Yeah , that's the old POSKY--I think the glitch is in the glass graphic

Posky never made a VC. You had to import a VC into their flight model.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

@ Randy: go and g**gle for a file called OS777_VC_10_t.zip and follow the instructions included. It replaces the equally named bmp file for a dds and it works fine for me. And don´t forget to slash out the dirtglass gauge in your panel.cfg.

Regards

Werner

BTW: your second picture seems as if you´re missing the 32bit vc textures availble on the posky archive ...

PS: you should try the merge with Greg Wilsons fantastic jb777_panel, that gives you - among other things - a working eicas instead of a third nav display

Intel core i5-9600KF,  ASRock H310CM-HDV/M2, G.Skill DDR4-2666 32GB, Asus Geforce RTX 4060 TI 16GB, Samsung SSD 980 1 TB M.2 SSD

I followed the instructions on the link you gave me and deleted the "Pky_glassdirt" and "Pky_util" files and folders but it's still the same unfortunately.

Hi, RancidViper,

You don't want to delete the "PKY_Util" folder -- that provides for some of the animations including opening doors and ground service vehicles.  It does not include windshield textures.

POSKY did make both VC and non-VC models for FS9.  AFAIK they did not make FSX VC versions, and Skyspirit, which has produced improved versions of the POSKY models, did not make VC versions at all. 

However the FS9 VC model -- at least for the 200LR -- works well in FSX with Greg Wilson's JB777 panel, which populates the VC with working gauges, and is among the best free panels.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi Randy,

by telling us "it´s still the same" you mean that the cockpit windows are still intrasparent or that you are stil missing vc textures?

In the first case, try the solution with the OS777_VC_10_t.zip. I forgot to tell you to rename the eqal named bmp file to OS777_VC_10_t.bak to make it work!

In the second case, go to the posky archive, go to 777-200, panel files and load the 777-200 vc 32bit textures tah go int your 777´s texture Folder.

I tried to post my 777-200 panel.cfg but could not copy & paste it here :(

Don´t give up on this plane, it´s defintey worth the labor!

Intel core i5-9600KF,  ASRock H310CM-HDV/M2, G.Skill DDR4-2666 32GB, Asus Geforce RTX 4060 TI 16GB, Samsung SSD 980 1 TB M.2 SSD

I stand corrected with your links to the evidence Brian. They didn't a long time ago and one of the reasons why I did not like their models as I couldn't find a package that worked properly. Or one aspect would work and something else was not correct. There were a lot of freeware developers putting packages together. Posky must have found some packages that worked and loaded them on their site. I do not think they were made by Posky.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Alright guys, first of all thanks so much for all your help! And sorry my replies are late as you know I live in Aussie and I'm pretty sure most of you guys live literally on the other side of the world.

So here's what I did. I deleted all traces of the 777 from my FSX folder, and reinstalled the POSKY version from the installer downloaded from their site, and Voila! She works!  :lol:

I think the problem was related to the BCJ version I got from Simviation, although it DID work previously. Not sure what could have gone wrong but I'm just happy to have a flyable 777 now so I've stopped caring, for now. The only reason I used the BCJ version was because it had so many liveries in the package. Which leads me to my final question for you guys. Sorry if I sound like a complete noob, but how do I add more liveries to this package? Currently it has just four, American, Air France, Emirates, and BA.

I downloaded what I thought were liveries from here - http://poskyarchive.com/boeing/b777-200/b777-200-liveries/

But for some reason they contain the whole aircraft folder including panel and a .cfg file.

I just copied the texture folder into my fsx folder and added the relevant text into the .cfg but it doesn't show up in my planes.

Thanks again for all the helpful tips! You guys are awesome!  ^_^