Sign in to follow this  
ricktorbe

It's Official- I'm moving in

Gentlemen,

I have made the decision to move in and try P3D. (Thank you,Rob and everyone who encouraged me)

That is correct, I am coming from FSX-DX10. SO, you will see me here constantly asking questions. Of course, I have and will continue to search the forums for answers;however,

-I would greatly appreciate any and every pointers you can provide me to start from sractch P3D. Remembe what Nick N. did for us all with FSX install Guide ?

- Do I need any CFG "adjustments" like Highmix and/or buffer pools and so on?

- Will I need Nvidia Inspector? If yes, what settings? Lock frames? Refresh rate?

- I certainly want to move my FXS add-ons to P3D, I know THERE ARE a few Native P3P add-ons; however, how do I make the enourmous amount of airplanes and sceneries work on P3D ?

- True or False? Does the Migration Tool and/or the Russian Tool works?

- Will using Altuve's Bojote Tweaking tool be necessary?

-Will I be able to use ENBseries?

- Will I need to make any adjustments to constant XML to adjust water movement and directions, or will REX4 take care of this automatically?

- NB: Hardware will NOT be a problem as I'm building a New powerful system; so please give any advice you know works.

I sincerely welcome all your assistance guys...I want this to be a wonderful experience from the start...I will start today. LET'S DO IT !

Regards,

Ricky

Edited by firehawk44
Removed all caps in Title (Shouting)

Gentlemen,

I have made the decision to move in and try P3D. (Thank you,Rob and everyone who encouraged me)

That is correct, I am coming from FSX-DX10. SO, you will see me here constantly asking questions. Of course, I have and will continue to search the forums for answers;however,

-I would greatly appreciate any and every pointers you can provide me to start from sractch P3D. Remembe what Nick N. did for us all with FSX install Guide ?

I would leave Prepar3D.cfg alone and see where that gets you. Mileage may vary, as will opinions on the subject. I have AlwaysFullLoad=1 under [Main] and AffinityMask=16 under [JOBSCHEDULER]. The latter works and nets me additional fps under full load. I have no idea whether the former entry works or not as I have yet to experience OOM, but it was recommended by LM so I figured why not.

You don't need highmem or bufferpools entries.

- Will I need Nvidia Inspector? If yes, what settings? Lock frames? Refresh rate?

Can't help you there (AMD user). Sorry.

- I certainly want to move my FXS add-ons to P3D, I know THERE ARE a few Native P3P add-ons; however, how do I make the enourmous amount of airplanes and sceneries work on P3D ?

They both work, yes. If you wish to use FSX-only compatible addons, you will have to use a migration tool or add them yourself. It's easy to do (installed Ultimate Traffic 2 manually).

No, don't use it.

No. ENB is limited to DirectX 9.

- Will I need to make any adjustments to constant XML to adjust water movement and directions, or will REX4 take care of this automatically?

I have no idea so I'll let someone else answer that question.

- NB: Hardware will NOT be a problem as I'm building a New powerful system; so please give any advice you know works.

I sincerely welcome all your assistance guys...I want this to be a wonderful experience from the start...I will start today. LET'S DO IT !

Regards,

Ricky

Welcome aboard and happy flying!

Gentlemen,

Welcome! I also moved across to P3D from FSX DX10 earlier this year.

I have no tweaks in my CFG or in the Nvidia Control Panel. I believe Nvidia Inspector settings make no changes to P3D? Maybe someone else can confirm.

I run with unlimited FPS and V-SYNC ticked ON. I have switched OFF HDR and VOLUMETRIC FOG as they cause poor FPS on my machine. I guess your newer system should run with these on with no issues.

I use the payware Estonian Migration Tool and so far it has moved everything I used in  FSX to P3D without any many problems although some of the newer RealAir products murder my FPS in P3D. Not sure why.

Shouldn't think so. It should run fine without tweaks just make sure you use CONSERVATIVE graphics settings in the GUI to start with (just like we all didn't in FSX then complained...)

Don't know not used ENB

Regards,

Ricky

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Adam

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Two persons have replied providing assistance...Thank you guys!

Firehawk44, thank you for advising me that capital letters (here) means someone is "shouting"...And for correcting the topic. I'll make sure I don't use them, here.

If anyone else (besides 2 persons) would like to provide asistance, please do so.

:lol: Just start. No doubt when problems arise we will hear them soon enough.

But welcome aboard, take your seats please...

Just keep in mind as you switch: Aerosoft sceneries don't have working moving-vehicle objects (AES lite non-functional), as well as non working airport lights. Apparently, a fix is being worked on (after what seems like a good amount of finger pointing in both directions).

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

:lol: Just start. No doubt when problems arise we will hear them soon enough.

But welcome aboard, take your seats please...

haha. Your post made my day. I can picture you with an evil smile on your face thinking: "If he only knew all the problems he will face on P3D; he might want to back to FSX." "This is the same guy who asked "Why p3D?" "He got about 1,000 responds on that thread telling him to come over...now, only 2 guys showed up to help" (evil smile behind the door) haha

Alright fine I knew it was not going to be a piece of cake, either.. Yes it will be better, and I am sure I will encounter problems- just like we did from FS9 to FSX. BUt, I'm sure there will be plenty of help.. just don't verbally abuse me.

After jumping on board you wont look back - one thing to remember is deleting the shaders folder periodically like after installing rex - editing config files - etc. I made a shortcut to that folder on my desktop if you dont know how there is tons of posts on it here - dont worry about deleting them as it will rebuild them again and this even acts like rebuilding your p3d.cfg file - just seems to help - big must is Estonia migration tool - use that to install fsx addons but look into the addon and how well it will work in p3d as EMT is not the end all but close to it

Rich Sennett

Thanks guys. Here's my first question:

- Do I need to create a Folder within the separate Drive (E) I will be installing everything. For example for FSX , I created a folder

called "Flight Simulator X"  So, what about P3D?  What name do I give the folder, and will all add-ons point to that folder right away?

You can tell the P3D installer where you want it. I put it in a P3D folder on an SSD.

Start slow....do NOT put every add on known to man in for a day or so.  Fly it out

of the box for a few days. Out of the box looks like my highly tweaked FSX.  I only

have ORBX FTX Global installed right now....P3D looks SO good.

FaxCap

Richard,

Just a quick question.......what happens if you don't delete the shaders folder periodically?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Prepar3d installation will create a folder named "Lockheed Martin" then install P3D within that folder. The few addons I have installed for P3D so far have had no problem finding, or being pointed to, that folder. If the installation of the addon asks for you to show it where your P3D installation is at, just point it to the "Lockhed Martin" folder or perhaps to the P3D folder inside it...

Prepar3d installation will create a folder named "Lockheed Martin" then install P3D within that folder. The few addons I have installed for P3D so far have had no problem finding, or being pointed to, that folder. If the installation of the addon asks for you to show it where your P3D installation is at, just point it to the "Lockhed Martin" folder or perhaps to the P3D folder inside it...

I have installed P3D on my E drive and there's no folder created. Everything (all files and folders) just dumped into the drive. So, there's no folder with the name " Lockheed Martin" or similar

I have installed P3D on my E drive and there's no folder created. Everything (all files and folders) just dumped into the drive. So, there's no folder with the name " Lockheed Martin" or similar

That is very strange indeed. If you used the Prepar3d install .exe to install the program, there should be a "LOckheed Martin" folder with a sub-folder containing Prepar3d and all of it's files.

What method of install did you use?