Sign in to follow this  
lschechter

777 Display issues

I posted a while back that my PMDG 747 and 737 software was messing up the display when I minimized it and then maximized it again. I used window mode as suggested by another user but I still need to minimize the window to access a monitoring program i need for a virtual airline I belong to. Does the 777 program have the same display issue because I'd like to purchase it but if I can't manipulate the window there's no point in buying the software.

Larry Schechter

I posted a while back that my PMDG 747 and 737 software was messing up the display when I minimized it and then maximized it again. I used window mode as suggested by another user but I still need to minimize the window to access a monitoring program i need for a virtual airline I belong to. Does the 777 program have the same display issue because I'd like to purchase it but if I can't manipulate the window there's no point in buying the software.

Larry Schechter

FSX itself is very unstable when you minimize or maximize regardless of the add on being used. It's best to use ALT TAB or just click on the other programs icon in the task bar without minimizing FSX.

Kyle Rodgers

Might be worth checking gfx drivers too, in case there's a later, more stable install for you.

I'm very experienced with display issues so if this doesn't help, come back to me. What scandanavian13 (I can't see his name, sorry) said is also good advice... You are basically trying go "around the brick wall"... And there are lots of little tricks, depending on your exact symptoms and what you need.

I fly in fsx and p3d, windowed mode - across 3x 27in high def monitors. The more screen space you can use, the better... And pmdg products (like the rest) are beholden to the same quirks of the sim engine. You might prefer to move to p3d when the 777 becomes available. That platform requires virtually no sodding about with at all !!

Good luck

Neither can I see my own name anymore (sorry scandanavian13).. Perhaps it's due to the iPad, or there's been a change at avsim.

Michael Freeman

Good luck

Neither can I see my own name anymore (sorry scandanavian13).. Perhaps it's due to the iPad, or there's been a change at avsim.

The mobile browser versions of the forum hide the signature to save space.

Kyle Rodgers

FSX itself is very unstable when you minimize or maximize regardless of the add on being used. It's best to use ALT TAB or just click on the other programs icon in the task bar without minimizing FSX.

Strange..... it shouldn't make any difference when you're in Window mode.