Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Best water & wave animations for P3D V2.x from REX

Tim mentioned that I was on an ancient build when responding to one of my posts on the REX forum, so I am going to wait until the full new SP3 build of REX Essential Plus has been uploaded to my FSS account, and then I will reinstall the entire product :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

And you need certain graphics settings maxed to get the wave animations. REX list the required settings in the pdf that comes with the REX4 textures update.  

I find these updates just way too klunky. I have Rex Essential+ 3.3.2013.0715. Looking at the SP2 update, it says it's for all builds of REX Essential +, but then only talks of installing into your REX Essential Plus Overdrive folder. Think I'll just stick with what I have.

You should update  to the new rexe version sp3 all too simple to update

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

You should update  to the new rexe version sp3 all too simple to update

I did, and boy did it backfire big time.  I installed sp3 to E+ at which point I got:

1.  Hugely slowed 'Initiating Weather Engine'

2.  Much slower weather injection

3.  Two copies of textures installed superimposed & offset!  Ouch!

I thankfully uninstalled REX completely and am starting over now and happily have found SP3 WAS NOT uploaded to the FSS account, so I am now installing original E+ and will upgrade to SP2 which was fine.  The GUI for TD is heinous, but I'm done explaining why--Tim knows about it and if and when it is fixed I may reinstall it, though truthfully I see no benefits from the textures w/in TD except of course they do load so much faster.

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Noel -

The weather injection should not be slower for you unless you are using the GRID interpolation..  Try it without that feature turned on.  The GRID interpolation feature will pause the sim at startup.  Also, switch to WXPLUS mode for an immediate load of weather.  Much more stable than in the past.

Also, SP4/Texture Update #2 with REX 4 TD has some GUI changes in the My Themes/Community/Weather sections.  You can see what is loaded or about to be loaded into the sim.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Reed, is there any update on when the R4TD update is coming please?

I'm regretting having bought R4TD now as like a poster above I also don't find the textures to be any better than those I had before, and the updated water textures (which is what I bought TD for in the first place because it was advertised as having DX11 compatible water animations) have only been released for the update to the earlier supposedly inferior product, which I had already.  Consequently I could have already been using the better textures right now and not had to buy anything else at all! :(

I am feeling one really peeved unhappy chappy right now - like I've been well and truly 'had' by REX :( Sorry K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Noel -

The weather injection should not be slower for you unless you are using the GRID interpolation..  Try it without that feature turned on.  The GRID interpolation feature will pause the sim at startup.  Also, switch to WXPLUS mode for an immediate load of weather.  Much more stable than in the past.

Also, SP4/Texture Update #2 with REX 4 TD has some GUI changes in the My Themes/Community/Weather sections.  You can see what is loaded or about to be loaded into the sim.

Thanks Sir, however it's too late I've uninstalled and done a clean install of E+ SP2 which really was great as it was.   No worries if I feel like experimenting sometime in the future I will try SP3 again, however I'm about 80% certain GRID interpolation was not enabled--but only 80%.

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Tim/Reed, what is your preference with SP3 to get the best water / waves / sunrefection ?

Just updated to SP3 , but I also have Texture Direct, which I use for airport lighting and 3d clouds.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Several tests I have done in the mean time.

Till 1992 ft the waves move and from 1993 ft and higher it is static.

This was the same as before SP3.

I am curious what SP3 did too the waves issue at higher altitudes.

Whe using a texture with a lower wave altitude, the immediately differrence between moving/static water is less noticable.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

What we need is a water texture that is animated. By this, I don't mean the entire body of water moving (which can be seen at very low altitude). I mean the same kind of "white cap" effect that works so well in FSX. The REX water in FSX looked really nice at certain angles with the "Sparkling" textures enabled, and this is what I want to see in P3D. If the water looks just as static as it did before above 2000 feet, then the problem has most definitely NOT been solved. I will just have to wait until the full SP3 build is uploaded to my FSS account before I can provide an informed opinion.

On a side note, has that "half textured, half smooth as glass" issue been resolved with the SP3 build, Gerard?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

His Chris,

Still testing with several different wave textures. Up to now It'swater is the best I have tested.

Will take a look at that later today.

Hi all, Merry Christmas to everyone...

My Graphics card is the GeForce GTX Titan Black 6Gb, Driver is version 344.75

I am using REX4 TD with 'Bright - Clear Coral' texture set and for the animation I'm using 'White Caps'

Looks okay most of the time, somtimes I let the real world weather (Themes/Weather Tab) generate the textures and go with whatever it chooses.

Cheers

Clive

OEDF