Sign in to follow this  
Todd Moore

Unknown warning on takeoff

I am getting a warning light on takeoff, and there are no messages telling me what the warning is.  I thought it was an anomaly so, I restarted my sim, and took off again.  It still gives me a warning and I cannot reset it! 

It did reset, but it would be nice to know what may have caused it.  I had my flaps set to 15, and the warning didn't start until after I had lifted off.  It reset some time after I reached transition altitude.

Have you extended your flaps, or accidently deployed your spoiler? I had a warning for this circumstance in the NGX once, so it taught be a lesson to check I have the right take off configuration before I taxi on to that runway.

Rob Marton

If I have the wrong takeoff configuration, I get the warning light the moment I put my throttles forward.  This didn't happen until I was in the air, twice in a row.

I have no idea how to select a different panel state.  What the heck is that?

If you don't know what panel states are, you should probably have a look at the intro manual. It'll probably enlighten you to a bunch of other important info as well.

To save you a little time at this moment, though, panel states are pre-configured states that the aircraft may be loaded in. Basically: everything off (cold and dark), partially powered (short or long), or engines running (default).

Kyle Rodgers

You say "a warning light" is on. It would help to know which one. Were any amber lights illuminated on the overhead panel switches? Was there an aural alert to go with it?

ki9cAAb.jpg

It is the main red warning light, and I get a constant warning horn.  The panel state that I load is cold and dark, and I use FS2Crew to configure the cockpit from the start.  When I take off, the trim is in the green.

Only a warning light?.......no horn?

He said "I get a constant warning horn," so I'd assume he gets a horn as well.

Kyle Rodgers

It sounds like a stabilizer trim warning but that shows an EICAS message. It's got to be configuration related but I don't know what changes at TA. Is TA at FL18? When do you engage autopilot and does it have any effect? Did you set the altimeter to QNH? What are your speeds during the climb? Can you furnish any screenshots of the displays, PFD, ND and EICAS? If we can setup the airplane with the same settings we might be able to trap it. Did you double check FS2Crew's flows? Does anyone know what sets or resets at weight off wheels?

Sorry for all the questions but it's the only way to get the picture.

He said "I get a constant warning horn," so I'd assume he gets a horn as well.

Sorry....dont know how I missed that.

There are all kinds of inhibits.....things that would normally cause a warning but are inhibited during critical phases of flight.....like take off.

When the inhibit ends (often passing a certain height like 400ft or a certain time like 20sec after liftoff) the alert/warning will show/sound.

It sounds to me like something is wrong but inhibited and then presents itself after the inhibit ends. I just cant think of anything that does not show a message but will sound a continuous horn and warning light.

Some configuration I would suspect....but even that should come with a CONFIG Eicas message

If he really does not get any EICAS message then I too would so say something is not right there with the PMDG and I would start by creating a new flight from scratch.

Also....try a flaps 5 take off and see how that does.

And if you do a flaps 15 take off, make sure you also put 15 into the CDU TAKEOFF REF page.

Rob Robson

Complete guess here... Tail Strike?  I'm not sure if that gives you a horn though.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

A tail strike pops an EICAS message and pulls up a solution matrix through the checklist.

The Flaps 5 CDU entry and an actual flaps set of 15 didn't alarm. I just tried it.