Sign in to follow this  
mvdb001

"flash" after changing view in P3D.

I'm having issues with a short "flash" just after changing views in prepar3d V2.4, this flash means that my volumetric fog is briefly switched off and then on again. This is only noticeable when I have volumetric fog enabled and some fog is present. However I also get a very short hardly noticeable bright flash in my cockpit displays but this does not annoy me.

After changing view or when selecting the same view twice, the volumetric fog is "switched off" for I guess less than half a second and then switches back on again. I tried to search the internet for a solution but haven't found anyone with the same problem. Any suggestions how to get rid of this?

I just did a fresh install of prepar3d v2.4 because I thought some of my addons were causing this "flash" but apparently they did not because still having this issues (so I guess no addons like ezdok or  any weather program is causing this problem).

Also HDR is disabled. When HDR is enabled my entire screen flashes white when changing view. Anny suggestions how to get rid of this problem are welcome. I use Ezdok fore changing views in my VC, so these "flashes" are very annoying...

My pc: intel I5 3750K with a Geforce GTX 680.

Michiel

Hi mate

yep same here.i also use Ezdok button assignments to change views.

seems it effects the visibilty somehow.

all i can say is....you are not Alone. :smile:

steve

Likewise.

I thought it may have been a key assignment "clash" but I haven't managed to track it down yet....

Jason Jackett

Hmm.. I am getting a slight flash with Opus cameras (set to instant change), usually near the horizon.

Was thinking of EZDOK as alternative but now maybe not...

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Guys good to see I'm not the only one having this problem. I don't think its Ezdok causing this, but P3D. Right now I have a clean install of p3d without Ezdok installed and still have this issue. When I change view only using the P3d view-menu I'm still having the volumetric fog stops working for a second and then coming back on again. Strange to find so little information about this issue, seems to me it's a BIG bug in how de volumetric fog is rendered within P3D.

I have the same problem with Ezdok, and have not been able to find a fix. I will follow this thread, and will post any info if I find it. Please do the same!

Here is how to fix it

Navigate to C:\Users\Yourname\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\

Open up Cameras.cfg in a text editor and change the last line in [CameraDefinition.002] to read HotKeySelect=0

[CameraDefinition.002]
Title = Virtual Cockpit
Guid = {C95EAB58-9E4A-4E2A-A34C-D8D9D948F078}
Description = This is the description of the virtual cockpit view.
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect =No
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = YES
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.7
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=30
HeadingPanRate=75
PanAcceleratorTime=0
HotKeySelect=0

HotKeySelect=0

So do you know why this one works?

Thanks,

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Wow, this has been annoying me for a long time, but Glynn's solution works!

I did not know about this. Very nice!

You should write a post in the P3D Tips and Tricks subforum about this.

Thanks, Glynn!  

Kay Morten Magelie no.png

Here is how to fix it

Navigate to C:\Users\Yourname\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\

Open up Cameras.cfg in a text editor and change the last line in [CameraDefinition.002] to read HotKeySelect=0

All this does is disable the default F9 (instant VC view) from the Control assignments in the UI.

By default [CameraDefinition.002] is assigned to HotKeySelect=1 which in turn is assigned to F9 in the Controls dialog.

By changing [CameraDefinition.002] as you suggest to HotKeySelect=0 simply assigns the view to an un-assigned key-combination in the Controls dialog.

One could probably achieve the same effect by simply deleting the default F9 key assignment in the Controls dialog...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I think your right FR Bill

so just to be sure i took the F9 key out as well

This issue was a big distraction for me,so i'm very grateful for the help in solving it.

steve