Sign in to follow this  
mvdb001

"flash" after changing view in P3D.

All this does is disable the default F9 (instant VC view) from the Control assignments in the UI.

Bill you are correct that's all it does regarding the default FSX/P3D view system.

However the issue is with Ezdok and the way it controls the VC view.

With Hotkeyselect=1 any haze or fog is momentarily cleared as you move between different VC viewpoints.

I have just tested this again as I was curious to see it deleting F9 would also work.

with F9 removed from the FSX/P3D controls the flasing and removal of haze still happens, if I then edit the Camaras.cfg [CameraDefinition.002] section to have Hotkeyselect=0 then the haze and fog are not cleared.

Other Ezdok users can confirm this behavior, the Dev is AWOL so we are stuck with editing the Camera.cfg for now.

Are you an Ezdok user by any chance ?

Bill, I just tested again and you are correct, removing F9 is probably the safer way for most folks.

Hi Glynn,

I want to acknowledge that your 'HotKeySelect=0' solution indeed works.

Many thanks Glynn and to Michiel for asking the question.

JJ (a long-time user of EZdok)

Ha Ha! After further testing, changing the 'HotKeySelect=1 to HotKeySelect=0' does in fact work but regrettably causes EZdok's VC cameras to be corrupted after switching to Aircraft cameras and back. At least that's been my experience so far. Please provide feedback on your experience to help sort this out.

Thanks,

JJ

Are you an Ezdok user by any chance ?

Bill, I just tested again and you are correct, removing F9 is probably the safer way for most folks.

No, I have no interest in EZDok at all. I wonder if changing the camera to 0 and also reassigning the F9 key to camera 0 would accomplish both goals.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

strange goings on.

had to update one of my aircraft and now the problem has returned.

even though i have removed the F9 key from the Controls menu and also changed the Hotkey setting to 0.

i can see the Flash once again when i change views with a key button...Grrrrr

steve

This does indeed fix the flashing! Amazing. Although yeah if you click back to a cockpit view from outside the plane, there's no 'virtual cockpit' for it to revert back to. But it's simply a case of right clicking and selecting the virtual cockpit from the menu. I can live with that if it means no more flashes!

Thanks.

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

This does indeed fix the flashing! Amazing. Although yeah if you click back to a cockpit view from outside the plane, there's no 'virtual cockpit' for it to revert back to. But it's simply a case of right clicking and selecting the virtual cockpit from the menu. I can live with that if it means no more flashes!

Thanks.

Ah that's how you get back to VC. Thanks. Yes this fix will work for now. The flash was killing me.

Instead of the right click you can set a button press through FSUIPC as a shortcut to the virtual cockpit.  I set a button on my joystick.  After moving to an external view I simply press that button followed by an interior camera selection through EzDok.  One extra button press but well worth it to eliminate the flashing.  Excellent work guys and a big thank you to the contributors.

Ryan

Isn't the flashing just a texture overload? When your switching views and you have high settings this seems to be a common problem in both FSX and P3D.

strange goings on.

had to update one of my aircraft and now the problem has returned.

even though i have removed the F9 key from the Controls menu and also changed the Hotkey setting to 0.

i can see the Flash once again when i change views with a key button...Grrrrr

steve

Steve, look at the aircraft.cfg of the updated aircraft. There are some Hotkeyselect entries for the cameradefinitions. I have deleted them and it worked again. Don't forget to backup the aircraft.cfg before making any changes.

Sven

Slayer, apparently not.

This hotkey deletion fixes the flashes once and for all with ezdok and thanks jack for the fsuipc tip!

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Hello  :smile:    Starting to use HDR mode and yes i'm getting the flashing when changing views (only when using HDR)   I have tried disabling F9, i also took a peep in my Camera.cfg,   strangely i don't have a 002 in my selection,  i have a 001 and it skips one to 003.   Is there a new revised way to stop the flashing?  

Guys, thanks for the help this was annoying

problem 1: flashing when moving between vc views in ezdok

solution : in camera.cfg change hotkeyselect=1 to hotkeyselect=0

this rids of flashing - great

problem 2: cannot get back to VC after external view unless i right click cockpit> ezca vc view

solution: in controls setup the starting camera (shortcut) to F9 and bind F9 to a key on your joystick using fsuipc or whatever

bam - all sorted, works just like it does in fsx now

no more flashing and can easily switch from external to VC views by clicking that button

i had to use the option called starting camera (shortcut) and not the virtual cockpit (shortcut) as that didn't work for me, i.e. binding a key to virtual cockpit (shortcut) did nothing for me.

running p3d V3.1

cheers

Guys, thanks for the help this was annoying

problem 1: flashing when moving between vc views in ezdok

solution : in camera.cfg change hotkeyselect=1 to hotkeyselect=0

this rids of flashing - great

problem 2: cannot get back to VC after external view unless i right click cockpit> ezca vc view

solution: in controls setup the starting camera (shortcut) to F9 and bind F9 to a key on your joystick using fsuipc or whatever

bam - all sorted, works just like it does in fsx now

no more flashing and can easily switch from external to VC views by clicking that button

i had to use the option called starting camera (shortcut) and not the virtual cockpit (shortcut) as that didn't work for me, i.e. binding a key to virtual cockpit (shortcut) did nothing for me.

running p3d V3.1

cheers

Don't have the flashing issue above anymore since upgrade to v3.2 (client and content): I didn't change a single setting in P3D and EZCA nor lines in prepar3d.cfg

I wonder if anybody else notice that.

Anyway, happy indeed.

Cheers,

• Upvote 1

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX