Sign in to follow this  
learn-by-flying

Airport Problem

I am trying to use Art Pooles wonderful KAPF scenery within Prepar3d, problem being that most of the taxiways do not show up correctly. I believe this is due to a field altitude issue and the surrounding terrain. Does anyone know how I can fix this issue, I have attached a screenshot. KAPF_Field_Alt.jpg

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

I live in Naples and use this field as my virtual home field. I think I have Art's scenery installed, but am not sure what i ended up with after trying several different ones. I will check and get back to you. I am also trying to use his addon with the latest upgrade for KFMY and KRSW and have the same problem with them. All the taxiway lines and signs are there, but no pavement. Just grass with yellow lines on it.

Howard

Tom,

I just looked at Naples and Fort Myers again. First of all, I do not see any newer files available for KAPF, KFMY, and KRSW than what Art Poole did in 2009. I had tried and removed all of them from my P3D v2.4 as the problem with the missing taxiways was bothering me. I just put back in the KAPF and tried again, moving it up and down in the scenery list and deleting the shaders file, etc. Nothing I do makes any difference. I still see green grass with yellow outlines and lines for the taxiways. Also, some of the parking ramps have bad edges. I remember when P3D first came out I e mailed Art and asked him if he was going to try it and he said no. He was not going to spend any more money for any FS programs. It looks to me that everything else works in his files and looks great. It is a shame about the taxiways as he has done over 50 some airports for FSX in Florida and some in the Caribbean. I do not know how to correct the problem, but maybe someone else can help? I have been trying to figure out how to post screen shots here, but can't seem to make it happen. Here are some links to a couple I took.

Default terminal

http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3B%3B52%3Enu%3D3638%3E273%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D37%3A2965469348nu0mrj

Upgraded terminal

http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3774%3B%3Enu%3D3638%3E273%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D37%3A296546%3A348nu0mrj

Ramps and taxiways

http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv36%3A63%3Enu%3D3638%3E273%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D37%3A294%3C%3A65348nu0mrj

Howard

I should point out that the screenie of the terminal is the General Aviation Terminal. The old Commercial Terminal is still there, but I don't think Art changed anything on it. There is no Commercial Service at Naples any more.  

Howard

Howard, I am seeing the same thing as you. There isn't any 121 service out of the airport anymore but plenty of charter 135 and private part 91 aircraft departing and arriving daily.

I think the issue is that the scenery is at 7.9 feet instead of the current 8.2 feet, I simply do not know how to fix it.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."