Sign in to follow this  
Doug Moldenhauer

Taxi Gauge

Hi....its been quite a while since i've posted.   I recalled that several years back i had a taxi gauge that would show the layout of the airport with taxiways and also the Gate locations.  It was called Airport Chart Gauge by Holger Maass.   I recall using it for fsx a few years back.   Since that time I had built a new machine and now have time to do more flying.  I tryied to install this gauge that I downloaded here,  and I'm able to call it up but it doesn't show anything at all.   I knew I needed to do the build db and it said it was successful but when i call up the gauge it says FS X,   but airports are Zero.

The only difference that I can think of is that this is a Windows 7 Machine and is 64 bit.   Does anyone have this working or can suggest something else that may work.   I tend to fly to allot of different airports

so I don't know the layouts.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

I have it installed in FSX with WIN7 64 bit. It does build the database. The move commands do not work. It lists some of the taxiways and parking spots but I can't scroll the lists of parking or taxiways. It does zoom in and out. I made a toggle icon for it. It apparently does have WIN7 64 bit problems. I ran the DBBuilder as Administrator once. Then updated and again ran the DBBuilder and the database worked OK. Bob.

Wish I knew what the difference is between yours and mine.  I've installed uninstalled reinstalled rebuilt the database but it says zero airports and displays nothing but the interface...no maps.

I'm currently using airport charts on my pad and I open up a small top-down window in the sim so it works pretty good that way.  I wish I'd thought of that way earlier before I went through all this lol.

daytime isn't to much problem because you can read the taxi signs,  but at night it can be hard.

Have you tried running the DBBuilder as Administrator once?. Then update and again run the DBBuilder. You will get an error that the update failed so just press CLR and rerun the DBBuilder.exe. There is a problem shutting down the DBBuilder so just hit CTRL-ALT-DEL and shut it down.  You should get a data_x.db of about 2,733 kb or so in your C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Roaming\DBAirport folder (depending on your number of your airports). Bob.

nope....didn't work. I was hoping that would do it.  Hmmmf

Are you running dbbuilder with any compatibility?  I've tried windows xp sp3.

Anyway....thanks for taking the time to try and help :)

another thought....I don't have FSX installed in the default directory of C:\programfiles\  ect.   I have it on my F: SSD drive.   F:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X.

do you have yours in the default drive?   It never asks me where its installed.

I don't have any compatability checked. Do you have full control checked for Users, Administrator and System? I do.

What happens when you try to run it as Administrator? I have FSX in the default location from day one and never have had any permission problems as I set them all to full control. Bob.

I've tried with and without compatability.   Full control is checked.   I've run it as Administrator.   I don't have my FSX in the default location.   It says the build was successful but # of airports is 0.  DB file is 1k.   My guess is it may be related to the default location.   When I had used this gauge in the past,  fsx was in the default location I believe.  since that time I built a new machine.

Its really ok though...I have charts on my Pad and at night i open a top down view window to orient myself.   During the day I just follow the taxiway signs.

Just as a thought does your Registry point to the correct location on your other drive? If not there is a registry repair tool available. I don't remember the filename. Maybe APChart is looking for the location as defined in the Registry.  Bob.

I'll have to look Bob....It was a new install so I would guess its right.  I've also installed FS Rex,  Rex Direct Textures and a couple other addons and they found fsx fine.   I'll take a peak in the registry.   Thanks

Bob,

I have the same problem as Doug.  Database runs but no airports are created.  I'm running Win 7 Professional  (64bit).  FSX installed to the default location.  I gave up and ended up buying DBS Airport Database.

Tom

Tom

I don't know why the others cannot create the database. The info as to how to do it was posted elsewhere and it said run it as Admin, try to update, you get the update error and then rerun it as Admin. It worked fine for me and I got a database something like  2,733 Kb, as I remember. I'd be happy to communicate with anyone that wants my database although I have lots of non-default airports. Bob.

'd be happy to communicate with anyone that wants my database although I have lots of non-default airports. Bob.

Hi Bob

ran the DBBuilder as Administrator once. Then updated and again ran the DBBuilder and the database is still only a 1kb file. I am running Win 8, so I don't know if that is a problem

How do I go about taking up your kindly offer of getting your database?

Regards

John