Sign in to follow this  
thissmallfish

Practicalities of flying right seat.

Hi,

I'm curious, is there a way of preventing the fs2crew first officer from adjusting the right hand displays? Indeed, is it possible to make these scripts execute for the left hand side instead?

Furthermore, when the first officer is PF, do the flows continue to be PF/PM based or are the flows altered to reflect the practicalities of the panels eg. The air conditioning panel being of the FO side.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

In FS2Crew, you are always the Captain (left seat pilot) and Pilot Flying, and the areas of responsibility modelled by FS2Crew operate on that premise.

The FO is never the PF since we can't really make him fly the plane by  himself for obvious reasons.

There's no way to prevent him from adjusting the right hand displays.

Best,

Ah ok that's fine. Although I should clarify I was curious if it's possible to occupy the right seat as PF. I guess then the suggestion for future projects might be to allow switching preference, although I concede it's not really all that important lol.

There's no way to prevent him from adjusting the right hand displays.

There is one thing on the right side that he doesn't seem to do and I wonder why. He doesn't set the planned cruise altitude on the air conditioning panel.

Iain Smith

Ok Bryan, I'll try it again but I'm pretty sure I have previously set the cruise alt in the FMC before firing up FS2Crew but he still didn't set it.

I'll report back after my next flight.

Iain Smith

There is one thing on the right side that he doesn't seem to do and I wonder why. He doesn't set the planned cruise altitude on the air conditioning panel.

Ok I see what's going on here. I don't usually do "cold & dark" or the first flight of the day so after starting FS2Crew I go straight to calling for the pre-flight checklist. However, to get the FO to set the cruise alt you need to start at T+18 or thereabouts.

One thing puzzles me about this. I start where I usually do because I didn't think that crews went through the whole pre-flight thing on every flight, only on the first flight of the day. Am I wrong?

Apologies to Kevin for hi-jacking his thread btw.

Iain Smith

One thing puzzles me about this. I start where I usually do because I didn't think that crews went through the whole pre-flight thing on every flight, only on the first flight of the day. Am I wrong?

It's airline specific, but generally speaking on thru flights some of the items in the pre-flight flow will not be run again as they only need to be done on the first flight of the day or during a crew change, etc.