Sign in to follow this  
capceo

Flying the Conquest II - By the Numbers

Sorry to hear that.   The main reason for the skimpy manual according to the first training video was because you were going to make these videos and now you may not make them.   Most of us have never piloted this aircraft like you have and some of us want to learn to how to pilot it as realistic as possible.   I hate to sound negative but maybe before starting a new project you should make sure the current aircraft is completely finished and that includes documentation, if no videos then a more detailed manual, even checklists and short flying guide would help.   You advertise about the realistic simulation of these engines but it would be nice to know what is the proper procedures after engine start to shut down.   I can use the information from the start of this thread as a start but most of the experienced flight simmers around would like some more detail.   I am really enjoying this aircraft and just want to get most out of it.

Thanks for listening.

I'm always willing to listen to any concerns a customer may have. I agree with you to some extent. The 441 did, however, come with an abbreviated manual and checklists. Like I said, one of the main reasons I decided to place the remaining videos in limbo was due to the fact that I never received very much feedback on them. In fact, you're the only person that has contacted us, in any way, about the status of the remaining videos. It's just difficult to justify it when it seems like nobody took a particular interest in them. I hope the consensus changes for the MU-2.

Please, never hesitate to voice your concerns to us.

From what I see, 3 things sell a plane. VC, Model, Flight model. VC for 441 is ok could have being better, I hope the MU2 is better. The model looks good,but i am afraid, the paint kit seems like a last minute throw in, that will put many off, most expect a photoshop layered Kit and some bump map. The plane itself is a joy to fly hands on. Give us a better paintkit, more repaints will show up and that might give you some more sales.

The MU-2 is already shaping up much better than the 441. I'll relay your feedback on the paint kit to Mark.

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV

I'm always willing to listen to any concerns a customer may have. I agree with you to some extent. The 441 did, however, come with an abbreviated manual and checklists. Like I said, one of the main reasons I decided to place the remaining videos in limbo was due to the fact that I never received very much feedback on them. In fact, you're the only person that has contacted us, in any way, about the status of the remaining videos. It's just difficult to justify it when it seems like nobody took a particular interest in them. I hope the consensus changes for the MU-2.

Please, never hesitate to voice your concerns to us.

The MU-2 is already shaping up much better than the 441. I'll relay your feedback on the paint kit to Mark.

Thanks for the reply, could you please tell me where the checklists are located.    They are not in the manual and I looked on the knee board and the checklist tab is blank.   I could have missed it, are they located in a different location?

Thanks,

Mike

I'd like to see another video created showing what the aircraft looks/sounds like on takeoff, flying and landing. I did see one on youtube that showed some of this (the short field one), but with music playing instead of the aircraft sound...kind of hard for a potential buyer to judge the soundpack that way! Even reposting that video without music would be helpful...

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Having a manual with a little more detail...I.E. Autopilot use would be helpful.....clear instructions on what does what especially on various approach types would be useful for me. Thanks.

It's just difficult to justify it when it seems like nobody took a particular interest in them.

It was watching the videos that convinced me I wanted this aircraft in my virtual hangar. Just purchased and downloaded it this evening, and I'm really disappointed that the follow-on videos sound like they're not going to get done  :(

Edit to add a question: Where did you hide the manual?  :huh:

SkipperMac

It was watching the videos that convinced me I wanted this aircraft in my virtual hangar. Just purchased and downloaded it this evening, and I'm really disappointed that the follow-on videos sound like they're not going to get done  :(

Edit to add a question: Where did you hide the manual?  :huh:

The manual should be in the main install folder.

Im glad you enjoyed the videos. Unfortunately, the remaining vids couldnt be finished due to a "full speed ahead" approach to the MU-2. Rest assured, ALL MU-2 videos will be available for viewing the day the aircraft is released.

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV

The manual should be in the main install folder.

"Should be" perhaps, but it isn't. I assume that by "main install folder" you mean SimObjects/Airplanes/FLYSIM Cessna 441...

What is the file name of the manual and I'll do a search for it. 

SkipperMac

For what it's wrth I find your videos excellent and very informative...

Please keep them up...

Thanks Joe for the numbers. This is a great bird given its performance, large cabin, and runway lengths. Amazing that it is from the 80's, even the new king airs can't really beat it in all those three categories I mentioned. I second that if you have time, completing the videos would be fantastic.

John