Sign in to follow this  
Beardyman

PMDG737

Dear Steve,

I have your DXFixer, latest version.

Everything works great, only I have problem with 737 - have no cockpit shadows.

I have ticked all relevant options and still no shadows.

Any remedy ?

Artur 

Yes Steve, I know that, but I read comments, that guys here have shadows in PMDG737.

Artur 

Those posts are mistaken/not very useful - see my pinned post on the subject on the DX10 Scenery Fixer support forum.

If you move your seat towards the extremes of the VC and orientate the aircraft such that the sun is shining from certain angles then then you will see shadows - that is because during the shadow pass DX10SF clips portions of the VC model beyond a certain distance and by positioning yourself on the edge, floor or ceiling or cockpit back wall this removes a small portion of the box.

I have asked PMDG why they don't just set the box with the FSX material option not to cast shadows, and I have also asked if they would object if I clipped the whole box in the shadow pass (leaving it alone in the main pass) but they have never come back to me.