Sign in to follow this  
pao

New FSX install.... which installation order ?

Hi Steve,

I have reinstalled my FSX and have installed Steve DX10 SF. Now, I was wondering if I could go ahead and install my other add-ons such as FTX Global, LC, REX, airports....    keeping DX10 settings or shall I revert to DX9 uninstalling the libraries before that ?  In other words, are any of existing add-ons on the markets (FTX, REX or add-ons airports) will affect the files modified by your program DX10 SF such as shaders....

Thank you for your help,

Greg

too much, too soon....

nobody around to answer that ?

too much, too soon....

Thanks Steve for your great support.

too much, too soon....

I loaded up scenery first, made sure it was working, then enabled dx10. It probably doesn't matter, but that seemed logical to me.

B.

WW1294.png

Still don't understand why I don't get a reply from the developper, Steve.....    remember there is no stupid question, only stupid answers...

too much, too soon....

Sorry I typed a reply - don't know where it went...

It doesn't matter.

If anything else modifies the shaders then DX10SF leaves them alone and so you lose functionality but that would happen anyway regardless of the order.

Thanks Steve.   I guess running DX10SF again after any scenery instal would reinstal the proper shaders anyway right ?

Thank you

too much, too soon....

No, by design if anyone else changes a shader it is left alone. But none of the programs you mention do so, the only other program that I know does is the fswc water shaders.