Sign in to follow this  
alhefner

Operating instructions for various aircraft?

I was curious where the best place to look would be for operating the various native aircraft available in P3D. I decided to try taking a P-51 out for a spin and promptly killed the engine... I'm not sure what I didn't do properly (probably something to do with oil or coolant) but it got me to thinking that good reference material would be nice to have. A repository of all of them would be great if it exists.

Mostly it's just a matter of googling for checklists, some are easy to find and sometimes it takes some effort, but most checklists are out there somewhere.

Have a look here:

http://freechecklists.net/index.asp

http://simviation.com/fs_manuals14.htm

These are basic checklists for FS9/FSX aircraft, those should do for default aircraft.

Cheers!

Maarten

Search the web for AAF Manual 51-127-5 Pilot Training Manual for the Mustang

I

various native aircraft available in P3D. I decided to try taking a P-51

There's a P-51 Mustang in P3D? I know A2A has a version out but I don't have a Mustang as a native aircraft.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

There's a P-51 Mustang in P3D? I know A2A has a version out but I don't have a Mustang as a native aircraft.

Come to think of it, I copied all the P-51 aircraft over from FSX..at least I think I did. In the "Vehicles" tab, they show as a Microsoft published item.

Come to think of it, I copied all the P-51 aircraft over from FSX..at least I think I did. In the "Vehicles" tab, they show as a Microsoft published item.

After I posted, I opened up my FSX and figured that was what you had done. It is a very difficult aircraft to fly. Since the aircraft came from FSX, you probably should take a look at the FSX Learning Center for some tips on flying it. In FSX it will catch on fire if you have it opened up too much.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

you probably should take a look at the FSX Learning Center for some tips on flying it. In FSX it will catch on fire if you have it opened up too much.

Best regards,

Yeah, I'll do that before trying again... I didn't see flames but there was a whole lot of smoke!

You can see it all in spot view. Not sure if P3D has the flame effects or the P-51 can use them though. It should though as both sims are very, very similar.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM