Sign in to follow this  
swap17

Best but simple payware 777

I hav a simple query which 777 is more simple to operate 

Captain sim 777 or PMDG 777 , Bcuz i'm just a guy who likes to simply rather than do hours of programming on d FMC

Swapnil Sirdeshpande

Both will require that you enter your flightplan in the fmc but I like the PMDG the best as it is more realistic. You really do not need to know how to program the FMC in the PMDG because, when you get to the route page, you'll see a Request. You click on Request and your request is transmitted to your airline headquarters where you will be offered a flightplan. You click on the flightplan and it will then load the flightplan into the fmc. Once completed, you go to the Performance page and you will see Request again. Click on Request and it will load the altitude, and the performance data automatically. Go to the last page and select your flaps setting and trim cfg (you click on the trim line a couple of times and it will load the proper config for your weight and number of passengers, etc. You then set the takeoff speeds by clicking on the ones the FMC has selected for you and then you go fly. There is no where on your flight deck where you can enter NAV data (or tune your aircraft for an ILS approach). This is done automatically by the FMC. Both CS and PMDG have a tutorial for programming the fmc and setting up a flight. Both require you to use the fmc or you just fly the aircraft manually and manually land (without an ILS as you cannot enter NAV data. That has to be done through the FMC).

I first learned the FMC through the LevelD 767. I said then I was going to learn it no matter what. But I found it difficult to program and complained a couple of times in the LevelD forums. They told me how to do it and said that once I learned it, it could all be done in less than a minute. Yeah, like right! Now, today, I can do it in less than a minute and it is ridiculously simple as PMDG and CS figure out all of the information like weights and stuff by just clicking on the line next to the item. In the LevelD, I had to figure out the weights myself (as in the real world). The new 777 is state of the art in that now companies, like American Airlines will download the proper data into your fmc once you request it (like in the real world). The pilot and co-pilot just have to check to make sure it is correct and you are given an option to accept or reject the data.

I really do not think you want to spend almost $100 for the PMDG 777 or the $50 for the CS 777 and just fly around unrealistically without a flightplan. They are not like the default heavies where you load the flight plan and the Primary Flight Display (PFD) will show the flightplan. It won't show in the PFD in the PMDG or CS versions until you enter the flightplan manually in the FMC and activate it.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thnx, looks like i will be stuck with the POSKY/Sky Spirit 777's , their models are d next best after PMDG and CS. Hope someone releases a beautiful freeware 777 in reponse to PMDG and CS

Swapnil Sirdeshpande